Inc vs eris

kennedyw2009

Reaction score
I just got the droid x (amazing phone by the way) and i gave my wife my droid eris and she does not like it she says it just don't work right and she wants to buy the incredible is this going to be better for her or no

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

techguru

Reaction score
Yes, the incredible is awesome. You wife knows what she is taking about.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Probably need a little more info before responding (in particular, how smart-phone savvy is your wife?) but in the meantime: my gawd that is not a reasonable comparison at all. Two completely different phones. The Eris is the perfect phone for someone who wants something pretty that works. The Inc is for someone who wants something beautiful, powerful, versatile, and fast.

The best metaphor I can think of, car-wise is: Eris = Accord and Inc = Ferrari. Not a perfect analogy, but you get the point. I think (excuse the blatant sexism of this remark, but see note below**) that for many couples, the Eris is the best phone for the woman who wants to "set it and forget it." If she wants to tweak, play, and tune, then it's the Inc!

-Matt

**PS Several months back, I actually ran a poll asking which Droids couples had, and 44% were guy = D1 and gal = Eris. Go figure.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-droid-eris/65923-husband-wife-droid-couples.html

brochaos

Reaction score
the eris is still capable. make sure you factory reset it if you haven't. but yea, the inc is like the eris on steroids.

Iowa

Reaction score
I would say have your wife play with an Inc in store and if she likes it buy it and you have 30 days to test drive it....I did a ton of research went into the store and felt it out...played with all of them and landed with the inc myself but it was all personal pref...in the end she knows what she likes :)

droidman101

Reaction score
I would suggest the fascinate over both the incredible and the eris.
The fascinate has the best processor out right now, followed closely by the incredible(the eris falls far behind)
Also, the fascinate has the best screen (it massacres both the incredible and the eris)

Scallywag1

Reaction score
Why not make it a total X house? Being as though X is (in my opinion) the best android on VZW

droidman101

Reaction score
Why not make it a total X house? Being as though X is (in my opinion) the best android on VZW

Not a bad decision here. In my opinion the fascinate is better because of its processor :). But the incredible, X and the fascinate are all top of the line at the moment(if only until CES)
Id actually tell your wife to wait 2 weeks until CES because all the new phones come out then :)

DroidDo1

Reaction score
agree with droidman101. CES 2011 happens first weekend of jan, so its not too much waiting. The latest and greatest in tech is released at CES. If your wife doesn't mind waiting it would be in her best interest. But there is always the 30 day return policy so she could test out anyone she wanted till CES and then decide from there..