Swiftkey or Swype?

Jmart922

Reaction score
Update, swype works on kangerade, just uninstalled and reinstalled swype package, user error :)

dan j

Reaction score
Quick not Iv been using SlideIT and like it much better than swype. I havnt tried shapewriter
If you can find a copy you should try it. It's incredible and everyone I've shown it to loves itdancedroid Shapewriter was sold and the new owners pulled it from the market, hopefully they'll upgrade it, but they might kill it :icon_evil:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Quick not Iv been using SlideIT and like it much better than swype. I havnt tried shapewriter
If you can find a copy you should try it. It's incredible and everyone I've shown it to loves itdancedroid Shapewriter was sold and the new owners pulled it from the market, hopefully they'll upgrade it, but they might kill it :icon_evil:

I've got a copy of the latest. PM me if you want.

dboss007

Reaction score

I've got a copy of the latest. PM me if you want.

I don't believe I've ever tried Shapewriter, or heard much about it. Is it similar to Swype?

dan j

Reaction score
It is incredible. Swype and Shapewriter are similar, but Shaperwriter was available to Androids earlier and was FREE.

ripstar42

Reaction score
SlideIt sucks so bad! Swype I loved but can't use anymore. So Shapewriter isn't available anymore?

dan j

Reaction score
I have Shapewriter on my phone, but what's a good way to share it? I have friends who want it but I can't email the app to them. The app sharing apps I've found only share the link to the market, which is dead.

dboss007

Reaction score
I have Shapewriter on my phone, but what's a good way to share it? I have friends who want it but I can't email the app to them. The app sharing apps I've found only share the link to the market, which is dead.

If you're phone is rooted you should be able to pull it from the phone via Root Explorer...

bhall238

Reaction score
I've been using Swype exclusively since the day I got it, but I would be willing to try Swiftkey. I just signed up for the beta I think .

tdog7879

Reaction score
I have tried all the keyboard and i keep on coming back to swype! swiftkey is just ok but is good for driving and texting.:icon_eek:

Briankbl

Reaction score
I have tried all the keyboard and i keep on coming back to swype! swiftkey is just ok but is good for driving and texting.:icon_eek:

No keyboard is good for driving and texting...

But to stay on-topic, you can acquire SwiftKey without signing up for the beta. I just won't post the link here. Google it and you might find out more. In the 20 minutes that I have used it today, I have to say I am now a fan! Swype is great and really fun to use, while SwiftKey is great as-is, but also gets better over time! That is the key when comparing SwiftKey to other VKBs. SwiftKey may feel like a chore at first, but the more you use it the better and easier it becomes. Swyping is fun, but this seems quicker and definitely more efficient.