SwiftKey not working

h2odog

Reaction score
I cannot get the SwiftKey keyboard to popup. Tried suggested solutions to uninstall app then delete SwiftKey folder and then reinstall app, still no popup keyboard. SwiftKey is selected as input method, nothing. I do get suggested words to put in but that's it. I am using a Moto Droid Pro.

adb421

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue with my Droid X, but I only noticed it after the OTA update I got this afternoon. Changing to either Swype or standard keyboard works, but switching back to Swiftkey gives the same problem.

OP
H

h2odog

Reaction score
I installed another virtual keyboard, the ultra keyboard trial and the same thing happened. I did get a message that the keyboard could not be access in the presence of a physical keyboard which the Droid Pro has. I assumed that was why the Swiftkey wasn't working as well. But now you say that this happens with a Droid X which only has a virtual keyboard and should allow for another one to be accessed but it doesn't. When I try to use SwiftKey, I am able to see the three suggested words to insert but that is it, no pop up keyboard. Also, I am able to use some of the features with the Ultra Keyboard but no pop up keyboard.