Sweeterhome no more?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any insights regarding Sweeterhome?

Still using this as my launcher and love it. Sadly, it never made it out of beta and the developer appears to have stopped supporting it. Their website has been dead (no traffic) for months, and yesterday I get a "503 service temporarily unavailable" error.

Reason I ask is the apk still "times out" every month and you have to update with the latest "build". So I'm wondering if that's it or just temporary.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, I remember this home replacement - out of curiosity what device are you running it on, probably not what you're wanting to hear but there are replacements that tower over sweeter home

Geschickt mit meinem Galaxy Nexus aus Deutschland

OP
K

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Wow, I remember this home replacement - out of curiosity what device are you running it on, probably not what you're wanting to hear but there are replacements that tower over sweeter home

Geschickt mit meinem Galaxy Nexus aus Deutschland

Currently running it on my Nexus with no issues.

I've seen nothing that remotely gives the customization that Sweeterhome does. I have a menu/button driven set-up (no screen swiping) and basically 4 "screens" X 5 subscreens = 21 screens and about 3 dozen wdigets - plus another "screen" for settings and with 8 more subscreens for apps. It's a frickin' monster yet my navigation between all these screens is virtually instantaneous.

And, no, battery life isn't bad - I can easily get a full day.

What replacements are you referring to? Maybe there are alternatives I'm not aware of. I would need something with a similar sub-level of screens as no way could I swipe thru 21+ screens, if there's even a launcher with that.

OP
K

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Closest thing I've found is Crazy Home - can have 3 desktops (swipe up or down) each with 5 screens. If only it had 4 desktops for what I want to do!

Maybe I can create my own "work around" running like 4 launchers and having shortcut buttons from a single default home screen. That would actually work very similar to my current set-up, although not sure widgets on "non-active" launchers would update automatically. I think this will work - thanks for the thought starters!

Last edited: