Email suddenly stops collecting messages

MJ10902

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S III (Sprint)
I think I've identified an email bug.

Essentially, email stops being collected when Android Email (MailService) is presented with a message that has been identified by the mail server as either unavailable, missing or had been recalled by the sender. My desktop Outlook application also sees the same messages and gives an error code (0x800CCC90 -ERR unable to open that message).

The difference between Outlook and Android is that Android just stops collecting any more messages (new or old) and Outlook just ignores those messages and keeps on working. My current Android build is 4.4.2.

The only solution is a temporary fix to remove the local email account on the phone and set it up again. However, as soon as it tries to collect those "phantom" messages, it stops working again and one gets to set up the account yet again which is an annoying and unpredictable situation.

The recommendation is to have Android mail just ignore any messages that are "not available" for any reason. It seems like a simple fix.

My mail server is POP3 hosted by GoDaddy in the US. I had asked them to reboot the mail service, but they have chosen not to do that because other users may be inconvenienced that are sharing the same mail server.

I don't know if there's a better forum to report this, or if someone else has either had the same trouble, but I'd be delighted to hear back any comments, suggestions or alternatives.

Thanks,

Mark

GDKen

Reaction score
@MJ10902,

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

The issue you are experiencing is quite odd, I would like to work with you more in hopes that together we can figure out what this issue is and address it.

Feel free to reply or send me a private message.

-Ken

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
@MJ10902,

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

The issue you are experiencing is quite odd, I would like to work with you more in hopes that together we can figure out what this issue is and address it.

Feel free to reply or send me a private message.

-Ken
As someone who uses godaddy myself, I hope you'll have this conversation here just in case I come across the same issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
As someone who uses godaddy myself, I hope you'll have this conversation here just in case I come across the same issue.

And as a super moderator, I would agree that keeping this discussion public would be to the benefit of all.

GDKen

Reaction score
I'm happy to post any resolution or steps to fix to the issue once @MJ10902 are able to connect and figure out what is causing this error for them.

If any personal contact information is provided by @MJ10902 or I, that is best over private message.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm happy to post any resolution or steps to fix to the issue once @MJ10902 are able to connect and figure out what is causing this error for them.

If any personal contact information is provided by @MJ10902 or I, that is best over private message.
Obviously, but I feel compelled to remind MJ and anyone else that it's not advisable to give out passwords & etc. Not trying to say you're up to no good, but this is the world we live in.

It would be greatly appreciated if you provide a resolution, as it may help others even if they don't use godaddy.

GDKen

Reaction score
Obviously, but I feel compelled to remind MJ and anyone else that it's not advisable to give out passwords & etc. Not trying to say you're up to no good, but this is the world we live in.

It would be greatly appreciated if you provide a resolution, as it may help others even if they don't use godaddy.

Certainly, If MJ would like me to assist him further then I am happy to provide MJ my contact information at GoDaddy via private message and that way I can be contacted directly and the specifics of the account and issue can be provided.

Once we have a resolution I will update the thread with what we found so that it can assist other users who may run into the same issue.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yes. Obviously any personal data should remain completely private and it is strongly recommended that @MJ10902 not disclose any passwords to anyone unless he makes direct contact with them through known GoDaddy customer service or technical support portals.