Iphone's overtaxing my exchange server!!

Kias

Reaction score
Yesterday my wife called me and said she wasn't getting email on her phone anymore. I checked mine and sure enough, mine wasn't working either. The error message in the logs were, http 503 service not found.

I told her to relax, they're probably rebooting the server or something.

Fast forward 6 hours later...

Still nothing, same error.

So I fire off an email to support at Sherweb. (My exchange server hosting co.)

---------
Is Active Sync Down?

I'm using a Motorola Droid and Nitrodesk's Touchdown. It's been working great for a month or so, and all of a sudden today, I'm getting an error. "ActiveSync location returned HTTP code 503:Service unavailable" My wife's phone has the same error.

ActiveSync is still working with my work's exchange server, so it's not a connection or configuration issue on my side that I know of.

Thanks!
---------

When I woke up this morning ActiveSync was once again working, and I found this in my mailbox. Please ignore the bad english. Normally I wouldn't deal with a company if I received an email like this. However, this is a Canadian company, and their first language of choice is French. Since their english is better than my french, I don't have a problem with it. Besides, I love their service!

--------
Thank you for contacting us, yes currently we are experiencing some difficulties with the ActiveSync system. This is due to the new iOS4 for the iphone who is overtaxing our servers and creating issues for all phone using ActiveSync.

We are currently tried to resolve the matter as soon as possible however we are entirely dependent on Apple for creating a permanent solution to this issue since it is caused gobaly by them. I hope this answer your concerns.

If the problem persists over an extended period of time however I would recommend contacting us again.

Best regards,
Francois Turcotte
Technical support level 2

---------

I've been with Sherweb for quite some time now, and I've never had their service go out for more than a few minutes. The exception being planned maintenance that they told me about long in advanced.

The fact they bumped me up to a level 2 TS without me even blinking just tells me again what excellent service they have. I've only had 2 problems with them in the past, and it turned out both times they were actually my problem. LOL! The first level of support took care of me.

Anyways, I'm rambling again.... I've never liked Apple much because of the stranglehold they have on their stuff, but I live and let live. But this... This is affecting me now! Grrrrrrr... :angry:

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably a plot by Steve Jobs to make you want to get rid of your Droid. :)

OP
Kias

Kias

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking... He and I don't exactly see eye to eye!

---unrelated edit---
Hey! Where'd my sig go? LOL! Wonder if I ever set one up here! Too many forums, too little time...

OP
Kias

Kias

Reaction score
Just found this in the news!

“In addition, some Exchange Server administrators may notice their servers running slowly”, the iPhone maker explains."