Super-Powered Mystery Verizon HTC Device Benchmarked; 1080p Display & More

UNC

Reaction score
HTC? As a former Thunderbolt owner I am going to warn all of you to stay away. They don't update their phones, their "gorilla glass" seems to be plain glass, and the battery lasts .223 seconds before it dies....

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
UNC said:
HTC? As a former Thunderbolt owner I am going to warn all of you to stay away. They don't update their phones, their "gorilla glass" seems to be plain glass, and the battery lasts .223 seconds before it dies....

As a current HTC Rezound owner and a former owner of a Dinc and a Dinc2 all my HTC phones have been nothing but fantastic. I don't regret owning any of them. My wife is still using my Dinc2 and when it's time for her upgrade she's going to get an Dinc 4g. Based on what I read in here there is no way I'd own anything but an HTC.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
720p on a phone held, presumably, 1-2 feet from your face is essentially a TRUE (cough cough Apple cough cough) retina display. Human eye can't distinguish between 720p and 1080p at those distances on a screen that size.

Which is why I think HTC is trying to be first just to say they were first. I can't see a 1080p screen being useful on a cell phone. I mean the specs are great, but it just doesn't seem to be necessary.

Javaknight

Reaction score
As a current HTC Rezound owner and a former owner of a Dinc and a Dinc2 all my HTC phones have been nothing but fantastic. I don't regret owning any of them. My wife is still using my Dinc2 and when it's time for her upgrade she's going to get an Dinc 4g. Based on what I read in here there is no way I'd own anything but an HTC.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

agreed! my Thunderbolt has been nothing but awesome since I rooted and ROM'd it - I blame Verizon for it's former suckiness, not HTC

champaned_out

Reaction score
I had a thunderbolt since launch day.. just switched to the S3.. the phone had problems with it reboots... insanely bad battery life on stock battery and a ton of connection issues... thank god for devs and custom roms..
My favorite problem with the thunderbolt is when ever you restart your phone you lose around 5% battery life instantly.. I can technically drain a fully charged stock battery in 10min if I restart the phone back to back 18-20 times lol

acousticshade

Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
was great news until it said htc lol... let's face it they always drop the ball somewhere .. they're not as polished as samsung or moto

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Untrue. This is a surprising quote coming from a bionic user.

Ask all the bionic & nexus users who had nothing but problems with their phones if their products were 'polished'. I don't see too many issues in the Rezound forums by comparison.

jseah

Reaction score
Being a Thunderbolt and a Rezound owner, my guess is that the stock battery will be 1500-1600 mAH. :angry:

I guess they do that so they can sell more extended batteries. :biggrin:

Then again, the S4 is a 28 nm CPU, while the S3 in the Rezound is a 35 nm CPU, so there should be some power efficiency gains. FWIW, the 2200 mAH stock battery in the Samsung Galaxy SIII seems to last about as long as the 2750 mAH extended battery in my Rezound.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I have been told by 3 different Verizon reps that they receive more calls from people with Samsung and Motorola phones than any other phones. They say that HTC has been the best as far as not having problems with the phone. I can not stand HTC phones. But that does not mean they are bad phones. I just do not like their UI

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Would be cool if its the HTC version of the note and hopefully has the new camera

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
jseah said:
Being a Thunderbolt and a Rezound owner, my guess is that the stock battery will be 1500-1600 mAH. :angry:

I guess they do that so they can sell more extended batteries. :biggrin:

Then again, the S4 is a 28 nm CPU, while the S3 in the Rezound is a 35 nm CPU, so there should be some power efficiency gains. FWIW, the 2200 mAH stock battery in the Samsung Galaxy SIII seems to last about as long as the 2750 mAH extended battery in my Rezound.
The S3 in the Rezound is a 45nm cpu.

tc1

Reaction score
why do we need this for? to run a gps,take a crappy picture or play angry birds?

Bag on this guy all you want but he has a point, not just with this phone but with all the newest "super phones".

More power is never a bad thing as long as battery compstion is kept in check.

The only need for all this power would be for majorly graphic pushing games. And no matter how hard core of a gamer you are, it will never be even close to a console experience.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Untrue. This is a surprising quote coming from a bionic user.

Ask all the bionic & nexus users who had nothing but problems with their phones if their products were 'polished'. I don't see too many issues in the Rezound forums by comparison.

sure initially there were problems that were fixed... just like the rezound and the thunderbolt battery management and battery size went unfixed... as in dropping the ball... a sub 1700mah stock battery is unacceptable for a smartphone especially dual core... let's not start talking about the heavier weight, ugly design, larger form factor, flawed gorilla glass etc.. the bionic as well as other moto products are put together a lot better... and so are the samsungs... personally my next phone is a samsung... I wouldn't even consider an htc until they fix obvious issues

no sense in having the fastest phone that lasts the least amount of time ... they don't put a one gallon gas tank in a Bugatti

jseah

Reaction score
no sense in having the fastest phone that lasts the least amount of time ... they don't put a one gallon gas tank in a Bugatti

Although technically a car like a Formula 1 or Indy car won't have a 22 gallon gas tank like a Ford Expedition will. :)

acousticshade

Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
sure initially there were problems that were fixed... just like the rezound and the thunderbolt battery management and battery size went unfixed... as in dropping the ball... a sub 1700mah stock battery is unacceptable for a smartphone especially dual core... let's not start talking about the heavier weight, ugly design, larger form factor, flawed gorilla glass etc.. the bionic as well as other moto products are put together a lot better... and so are the samsungs... personally my next phone is a samsung... I wouldn't even consider an htc until they fix obvious issues

I know several bionic users whose problems were never fixed. I've owned Samsung & htc phones & all of them had excellent build quality. My daughter still has my 3 year old Eris & there are several people in our office who are still using 5 year old Samsung hue's.

Yes the battery in the rezound isn't as good as some other phones, but with ANY phone, there are tradeoffs. You think the rezound is ugly, I happen to like how it looks. To me the Razr is uncomfortable to hold; others like it. I chose to buy a phone with a great camera & screen & have no problem with it. But, it's funny how some people equate 10% smaller battery size with the end of the world. What works for some doesn't work for others.

Oh, you should also check how fast a bugatti drains its tank when running full out. It isn't long. It's all about tradeoffs.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
this phone better have 3k+ battery or i won't even consider it. the phone to beat right now is razr maxx with ics. it has the software, hardware and aesthetics combination that are top notch and in my opinion the best phone in the world.