Sunshine S-Off Makes S-Off Painless on M8 and Other HTC Devices!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;j1CM4jxm28U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1CM4jxm28U[/video]

The above video demonstrates a new application that will get you S-Off on your HTC One M8 and some other HTC devices like the HTC One Mini 2, HTC One Remix, and possibly other HTC devices. There is currently already an S-Off method that will work on the M8 and even then M7 called firewater. Firewater currently works on all firmware versions of the M8. The only issue with firewater for some folks is the fact that it does require the use of ADB. Not everyone is comfortable with issuing commands via adb to gain s-off on their device. Some would rather a more user friendly way. This is what you get with Sunshine. If for some reason you are unable to get Firewater to work with your M8 Sunshine will get your device S-offd! As you can see in the video above all you have to do is open up the app and it will direct you through the whole process. Pretty simple!

SunShine will set you back a cool $25 which will be worth it to those of you who need S-Off but aren't comfortable with the Firewater process and for those of you who have been unsuccessful with Firewater. It should be noted that developers Beaups, Jcase, and a few other developers are only charging to recover the cost of developing this app. In developing the app many devices bit the dust. The cost will help developers come up with more solutions for devices as well as purchase vulnerabilities. $25 is a pretty good deal for an app that makes S-Off painless, not to mention this is a much cheaper than paying $650 for a developer device. For more information and the SunShine download head to the link below.

Via TheRoot.ninja

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
You can't get it any easier than this method ..although I'm from the school I'd rather learn how to do things ..plus definitely good considering some issues with s-off on certain phone firmware..

M8 tap'd

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I want to know if it works on every single device before I even think about spending $25 on it. Firewater said my device wasn't capable of getting S-Off, I had a bad luck of the draw. Does this use a different vulnerability?

[[EDIT]]

It would appear it checks if it will work or not before you pay....or does it. It said checking compatibility of my device but then prompted me for $25 and not saying it'll work. $25 is too much to be told it didn't work.

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's for a few HTC devices so far..I believe you need to be on close to stock or stock ROM and kernel for it to work ..no charge unless it works ..

M8 tap'd

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
It's for a few HTC devices so far..I believe you need to be on close to stock or stock ROM and kernel for it to work ..no charge unless it works ..

M8 tap'd

If it uses the same vulnerability as Firewater then it won't work on my phone. I installed the app and it checked for compatibility meaning it checked the model of my phone. I have a stock rooted debloated ROM. Thats it, the rest is bone stock. It doesn't appear to check if it can in fact give me s-off but before I can try to run it or tell me if it will be successful it wants me to pay $25. I will pay the $25, thats not an issue. I want S-Off, but I want to make sure it will in fact give me S-Off. I've tried to return apps that I got from root developers before and never got a refund. They were purchased on the app store too but I missed that super stupid tiny window to return it. That was a cheap app, not $25.

If it uses a new attack method, they should say that but they aren't.

jcase

Reaction score
It would appear it checks if it will work or not before you pay....or does it. It said checking compatibility of my device but then prompted me for $25 and not saying it'll work. $25 is too much to be told it didn't work.

I am going to assume you worded this poorly, and did not actually go through with the purchase. As none of that makes any sense to me right now, and I have no reason to believe you would lie about our product.

I'm jcase, one of the authors. Beaups is the other author, and frankly we are (combined) responsible for most similar utilities that you find.

The scenario you described is not possible.

We currently have a 100% success rate, and log all purchases and successes. For each purchase we have, we also have a success/safety call back to our license server, and currently have no failures at all. If you care to give me your paypal invoice number, I will gladly post (with your personal identify info removed of course) the log of the purchase, the use and the final success call back of your use of SunShine (assuming you purchased it).

We have no prompts saying that it "won't work", we do have prompts saying your rom/kernel/etc are incompatible. However if you got to the payment screen, then we have already confirmed our tool will work, and as long as you follow the directions after payment, without changing your rom/kernel or installing/using any interfering root software, then it will absolutely work. Period, no possible at this time for it not to.

Please email me your invoice number to jcase at cunninglogic dot com, and i will reply here with any matching purchase, and the logged success post s-off.

Last edited:

jcase

Reaction score
What we use is not public, but unlike Firewater and Weaksauce (the other m8 tools released, also by beaups and I) it works on all HTC m8s currently as stated on the site. "Rooted debloated" is not stock, and shouldn't be called stock, however it should work fine for SunShine as long as it wasn't modified too much. It only tells you to buy a license after you run it, not before, you are only prompted for payment after it has confimed that it will work. There is no refund window on SunShine, if you bought it and it doesn't work contact support for a refund, however we will check our logs and your device to confirm it did not work, and if possible to fix that for you.

I see no reason to tell you what method we use, to anyone outside of the security scene it won't matter. It is new, it is 100% original, and it works on all m8s (as of the time of this posting). It is backed by two well known developers, and confirmed by dozens of known members of the Android community.

If it uses the same vulnerability as Firewater then it won't work on my phone. I installed the app and it checked for compatibility meaning it checked the model of my phone. I have a stock rooted debloated ROM. Thats it, the rest is bone stock. It doesn't appear to check if it can in fact give me s-off but before I can try to run it or tell me if it will be successful it wants me to pay $25. I will pay the $25, thats not an issue. I want S-Off, but I want to make sure it will in fact give me S-Off. I've tried to return apps that I got from root developers before and never got a refund. They were purchased on the app store too but I missed that super stupid tiny window to return it. That was a cheap app, not $25.

If it uses a new attack method, they should say that but they aren't.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also a handy tool for those who do modding for others. $25 for a one-click tool to use anytime as needed? Yes please.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
@jcase ..Thank you for the awesome app we appreciate the hard work and the quality support and development ..

Welcome to DF...

M8 tap'd