Verizon HTC One M8 S-Off and Bootloader Unlock Released!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;h3AHka4s-Eo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3AHka4s-Eo&list=UU1J4DKcJXENzC-FkyMU6dow[/video]

Well that was quick! The Verizon variant of the HTC One M8 has only been out for 11 days. Last night developer "Beaups" posted a proof photo to the Firewaterdevs twitter account. After an evening and full day of testing the S-Off method has been released. This method is a two for one. Once you have finished with the process not only will your device have Security Off the bootloader will also be unlocked. You will now be able to flash all the custom images and kernels you like to your device, and you can say your device is truly yours! A full written guide and download links can be found at the link below.

Via Firewater-soff.com

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Bought an m8 and sold it already lol. Good to see this though.

Sent from my Moto X DE

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bought an m8 and sold it already lol. Good to see this though.

Sent from my Moto X DE

I am so glad now that i decided to grab the M8, I have the s5 on preorder but my wife will be carrying that now. This is the first Verizon device that has been fully unlocked in quite sometime. From what i understand the device has holes everywhere and was pretty easy for devs to hack. That is not necessarily a good thing, but atleast HTC made it plenty easy for the dev community to get S-off and unlocked bootloader.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I am so glad now that i decided to grab the M8, I have the s5 on preorder but my wife will be carrying that now. This is the first Verizon device that has been fully unlocked in quite sometime. From what i understand the device has holes everywhere and was pretty easy for devs to hack. That is not necessarily a good thing, but atleast HTC made it plenty easy for the dev community to get S-off and unlocked bootloader.
I'm sure they will lock it up pretty quick. But good news for early adopters!