Sunday Evening Conversation: Moto Pure ready to order

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
puremotox.png

Both the Moto X and Moto X Pure are available for pre-order Tuesday for AT&T through Motorola (http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/2014/09/mark-your-calendar-pre-order-begins.html?m=1), so those wanting to pre-order may want to go to Motorola.com Also the Moto 360 will be back in stock Tuesday.

moto-360-light-metal.png

With the Moto 360 shipping out to customers as well as stores, those of you who were excited about the device will you be gabbing one or waiting (and if waiting why)?

receive-google-voice-calls-with-hangouts.jpg

Google late last week merged Google Voice with Hangouts so now you can text and make calls from either your computer or your phone. Unfortunately there is still some work that needs to be done, like those wanting to send sms from your carrier issued number may have to create another by going into setting, select sms, and select sms account only. For those who have merged their accounts what are your thoughts so far?

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
As you say, there is a lot of work to do. The merger is far from over, and far from flawless. I have it set to prompt me when making calls whether or not I want to dial with GV or without GV. The GV calls sound a little like the person is in a tin can, but not terrible.

The messaging is harder, because you have to choose a default and can't change easily on the fly. I hope they add where you can switch between them like you can now with SMS and Hangouts messages, those that use Hangouts for SMS that should know what I mean.

I will say this is a good first step, and that I might actually use the GV account I have had since it was invite only and never used.