Suggestions Wanted Insurance replacement or new phone?

snakeyes

Reaction score
I have/had a D1 that is broken. I have the insurance and it is a $89 deductable. Im not sure if then insurance comp. would give me the D1 or just whatever android phone they want. Anyway im do for an upgrade too so i figure why spend $89 for an old phone when i can apply that toward getting a Tbolt. During my research i discovered the Unicorn of phones that is the Bionic. The only thing is the Bionic if it comes out soon will be $300 Im not quite sure i want to spend that much. So currently i have switched to a blackberry my friend lent me and dont know what to do. Should i just get my phone replaced and wait all teh new devices to come out and possible drop in price? Should scratch the insurance replacement and just get a current phone? Does anyone know if they will give me a droid 1 or just any android phone for insurance? Im so confused any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you buy the D1 new from VZW? if so you should have one NE2 coming which would reduce the price of the Bionic.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Reaction score
yeah my NE2 is up 9/23 Are you sure that will drop it? I thought NE2 was just the same as the new contract price. If so than thats better. Thanks

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ne2 is $50 off the new contract price IIRC. Mines up 9/29!

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Should i just get my phone replaced and wait all teh new devices to come out and possible drop in price? Should scratch the insurance replacement and just get a current phone?
Your call to make. There's no universal "should". I'd upgrade.

Does anyone know if they will give me a droid 1 or just any android phone for insurance?
The answer is always: call and ask. What you get depends on stock. Don't expect to use insurance as an upgrade program.

OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Reaction score
Oh dont get me wrong i was not hoping to get an upgrade. I was just concerned i would get an inferior device compared to the D1. Thanks for the info.