Suggestions as I correct a message on my Razr M

MichaelJ07

Reaction score
Hello!

Don't know what I clicked or checked, but now my Razr M is offering suggestions when I go back into my current message. How do I stop that?

Thanks!
Mike

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Suggestions for what?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
M

MichaelJ07

Reaction score
Yeah, I did leave that kinda open, didn't I. Sorry. The suggestions are like other words and phrases to use in place of what I have in my current message. Like maybe when the voice feature puts "I can" in my message when I meant it to put "I can't". I tap the message area to bring up that little cursor and a drop down window appears offering a few suggestions. Only way to get rid of that little drop down window is to hit the backspace arrow then I can actively use the cursor to erase what I don't want there.

Don't remember that little drop down suggestion window a few days ago, so I must have been in the dark zone of the settings pages.....untethered to reason :)
It is that drop down window in the message area I would like to have go away.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Ohhh. Yea the HD does that too by default. If you click the word it will give you the drop down, if you click next to a word it won't. To get rid of it you don't need to tap the back button you can just touch the screen again. Let me see if there is a setting in the keyboard or input settings to disable it.

OP
M

MichaelJ07

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I will try your suggestion and wait to hear from you.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Try Settings - Language and Input - and turn off spell checker. Still auto corrects words for me but don't see the suggestion box anymore.

OP
M

MichaelJ07

Reaction score
Ok, here's what I found. When using the microphone, certain words and phrases are underscored. It is these underscored words and phrases that bring about that drop-down suggestion list.

Now, where on earth do ya turn that little feature off????

Last edited: