suggesstions on how to improve battery life?

EOK1335

Reaction score
Sry about my poor english...I got my D2G for about 3 months so far. Overall it is so great for me except a few issues especially the battery life. I just cannot live with watching the battery-level drops every 3 minites.

Well, i heard about that fission performs much better battery life but on fission i cant make outgoing phonecalls so i have to keep on the stock...it really sucks.

Im out of the usa and my carrier is running on UMTS, and i wonder if UMTS drains more battery than GSM...anyway, really getting tired of daily charge. I guess I should show up what i did trying to improve battery life so far and ask for ppl's suggesstions.

Turned off BT, wifi, GPS, 3G when not using them.
Set screen brightness to minimum most of the time.
Removed blurhome.apk, using LP instead.
Removed a lot of bloatwares (including several no-used system service).
Turned off buttton background light (using Adjustbrightness)
Disabled unlock vibration, and weakened visual button feedback (by editing framework-res.apk)
set autokiller to extreme.
Underclocked to 900mhz (quickclock)
Undervolted to 300/13vsel, 550/24vsel, 720/31vsel, 900/39vsel

and this is my battery usage now, no sleeping during this...
View attachment 30953
Thanks for your time and, appreciate for more advices..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sry about my poor english...I got my D2G for about 3 months so far. Overall it is so great for me except a few issues especially the battery life. I just cannot live with watching the battery-level drops every 3 minites.

Well, i heard about that fission performs much better battery life but on fission i cant make outgoing phonecalls so i have to keep on the stock...it really sucks.

Im out of the usa and my carrier is running on UMTS, and i wonder if UMTS drains more battery than GSM...anyway, really getting tired of daily charge. I guess I should show up what i did trying to improve battery life so far and ask for ppl's suggesstions.

Disabled unlock vibration, and weakened visual button feedback (by editing framework-res.apk)

View attachment 30953

Why don't you just turn off the phone and not use it? You're almost there now.

Set autokiller to extreme? Um, definitely not.

I don't have the D2G I have the D2, I have all the bloatware in it, it's not underclocked (that would help) but everything else you're doing is really a collective waste of time. Did you buy the phone so you couldn't use the features?

First get rid of your task killer, you don't need it.

Next go to Amazon.com. Pay 8.00 for another battery. Then go to ebay. Buy a wall charger for $5.00. Turn everything back on and enjoy your phone.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The picture you posted shows you at 60% battery left after 7 plus hours of use, umm Goa is that terrible battery life? Am I missing something?

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The picture you posted shows you at 60% battery left after 7 plus hours of use, umm Goa is that terrible battery life? Am I missing something?

How not Goa

kptphalkon

Reaction score
First off, you have absolutely great battery life with all those tweaks (minus the task killer, ditch it asap). Second off, I wish I had 60% remaining after 7 and a half hours!

If you can manage to get more than 18 hours out of your phone you're doing a tremendous job at it, but you also won't be using the phone much if at all. Like Hook suggested, if it is that much of an issue pick up some spares to carry around

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Also I have noticed that since the phone has 5 clock slots, quickclock only overwrites the LAST 4. This may be that I tried using quickclock in conjunction with setcpu. I believe, speculatively, that your stock vsel 300 Mhz slot is untouched.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

View attachment 30953

i got a 1700ma batt from ebay for $50 (fits in stock case), bloat freezer and set cpu (set to 300mhz on batt to 600mhz (on demand)), dump all the other crap it just wastes batt. i take over 10 calls an hour and always have over 1/2 batt after 10 hours of work.

i see people complaining about this phone's batt on my providers site constantly, its a small phone/pc with a small batt. you want it to act like a pc plug it in like your pc.....
just my opinion

helizus

Reaction score

View attachment 30953

I concern about editing framekork-res.apk, could you please give more detail on your work?

TrueSpin

Reaction score
Truthfully, it doesn't get much better than what you're getting. With everything I don't use disabled, and using the phone as I need to, I usually can stay above 70% almost all the time with a daily charge. Will upload an ss of battery stats in a minute.

Edit: As you can see, most of this is idle-time, but considering I was at probably 80% when I unplugged it, and 12 hours later still at 60%...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Last edited: