Successfully tethered Archos tablet

Bilgediver

Reaction score
The Archos Gen8 tablets have an awesome feature, a built in function in the settings menu to tether to our phones. I successfully tethered my Archos tablet to my Droid2Global via Bluetooth, and now its working like a charm.

I used Wireless Tether on my Droid to set it up first, so I'm not sure if that's how I was able to set it up in the first place, but now all I have to do is turn on Bluetooth on both my Archos and my Droid, then check the "tether" option under the Cell Phone Tethering Settings menu on my Archos 70 Internet Tablet.

I'm currently posting tethered.

Sent from my A70H using DroidForums App

Last edited:

Jer

Reaction score
Congrats. After much effort I got mine to tether to my rooted Droid 1 but I have no internet connection. I'm not sure what's up with that but everything appears to finally be set up right and the Archie (101) even said succesfilly tethered. Whenever I attempt to launch a browser to test I get no internet connection. Not real sure what could be causing that. I'm BBv0.5 on VZW.

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
It took a few tries I guess.

I accomplished the feat without wireless tether, just selected pan tethering after pairing and it worked.

Just to let you know I start having issues after a while, try rebooting and reconnecting the tether? The issues disappear and I can regain my tether.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Jer

Reaction score
I've tried lots of reboots, unpairings, pairings and just about anything you can think of w/o any luck. Took me hours to get it to the point I'm at now which is to be able to simply activate Wireless Tether on my Droid & then tap the 'phone' button on my Archos power widget and have them connect w/o incident. The Droid vibrates twice to say it's connected to the Archie & the Archos has a little pop-up that says it's connected by tether as well. Both devices seem to think it's all good yet I get errors trying toload web pages.

I have never tried to physically tether my Droid to my Archie but I wasn't aware this was necessary. I saw a YouTube video that made it look like a few button presses & you were up & running but I haven't had the same luck after trying off & on over the course of several days.

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Heres a post I did at the Androidtablets.net forum

Your ARCHOS has a cell phone tethering option. All your Droid needs to do is PAIR with your Archos.

1: Turn on bluetooth on both your Archos and your Droid, then make devices discoverable so you can pair them together.
2: Once you click to pair, it will give you a popup with a "number" on both your Archos and your Droid.
If the number is the same on both devices, click "Pair" on both.
3: Under Bluetooth menu it should say "Paired but not connected"
4: Go to Archos, Settings > Wireless & networks > Cell phone tethering
5: Click "Tether" to "check the box, now a wizard should appear "This wizard will help you to configure the tethering."
6: Click Bluetooth, now if bluetooth is on on both your Archos and your Droid, and you've already paired them, it should pop up (as whatever your Droid is called).
7: Select your Droid's device name
8: Select PAN tethering (not sure what they mean but DUN is more like a modem, while PAN seems its like more like real-time data sharing, so select PAN, you need a number, name and password for DUN)
9: "Tethering is configured. Change these values with a long click on the item list or add a new profile through the menu." Click Next
10: Now Check the "Tether" box. (Please wait while connecting.... appears)

Now you're connected!

However, it could be because the Original Droid might not have the right kind of bluetooth chip or firmware installed? I really don't know, it might depend on your kernel/ROM that you're using....

Did you try wireless tether using the Bluetooth option?

Jer

Reaction score
I've come across your post w/all the searches I've done it the problem is that all of that works and is where I've gotten to this point but still no internet. I don't know what you mean by did I try tethering w/bluetooth because that's the only way I've tried.

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Unless its a Droid problem, I can't try it on my original droid because my original droid is no longer activated. Maybe its whatever ROM you're using?

I would suggest attempting the USB tethering option but I have no idea how you could get a micro-USB to a micro-USB cord.

Jer

Reaction score
Unless its a Droid problem, I can't try it on my original droid because my original droid is no longer activated. Maybe its whatever ROM you're using?

I would suggest attempting the USB tethering option but I have no idea how you could get a micro-USB to a micro-USB cord.

The Archos 101 has a full size USB port.

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
To let you know, I found a youtube video basically telling you to use Wireless Tether in Bluetooth mode, and it works JUST fine.
[video=youtube;CN4hBqIyI-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN4hBqIyI-U[/video]

rocquoone

Reaction score
Device does not show in the pair a device list

So, I followed the options below, and when I get to step six, there are no devices showing - even though both say they are paired but not connected.

I don't really know the android OS well enough to know what to do next.

Suggestions?

1: Turn on bluetooth on both your Archos and your Droid, then make devices discoverable so you can pair them together.
2: Once you click to pair, it will give you a popup with a "number" on both your Archos and your Droid.
If the number is the same on both devices, click "Pair" on both.
3: Under Bluetooth menu it should say "Paired but not connected"
4: Go to Archos, Settings > Wireless & networks > Cell phone tethering
5: Click "Tether" to "check the box, now a wizard should appear "This wizard will help you to configure the tethering."
6: Click Bluetooth, now if bluetooth is on on both your Archos and your Droid, and you've already paired them, it should pop up (as whatever your Droid is called).
7: Select your Droid's device name
8: Select PAN tethering (not sure what they mean but DUN is more like a modem, while PAN seems its like more like real-time data sharing, so select PAN, you need a number, name and password for DUN)
9: "Tethering is configured. Change these values with a long click on the item list or add a new profile through the menu." Click Next
10: Now Check the "Tether" box. (Please wait while connecting.... appears)