archos 5

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
not sure where this belongs but we will start in off topic i have an archos 5 internet tablet that i want to tether to my droid. archos will not detect the wifi tether that i have and i can not get the 2 to pair via bluetooth.. any help,suggestions. would be appreciated.. maybe i am missing something?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does your tablet have a wifi card?

Or maybe you could just use PDAnet.......and just use your USB cable to connect?

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I am also interested in this topic, as I just bought an Archos 7, and I want to do the same thing as the OP.

Anyone with ideas on how we should do this ?

OP
justin82

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does your tablet have a wifi card?

Or maybe you could just use PDAnet.......and just use your USB cable to connect?

does have wifi card built in on it. not sure how to get pda net installed on it. then how to hook droid to it ? the archos 5 has no external usb ports.. i guessing here do they make an adapter to change charger cord over to usb.. BTW the charging cords are same as droid

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid's charging cord is a USB cord....not sure if that's what you meant?

But I couldn't imagine any type of computer not having USB ports?

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I am sure the Droid will have to be set up as an AdHoc network to make it work for the Archos. I want to do mine wirelessly. For when I have no Access Point available.

The Archos is WiFi B/G Capable.

OP
justin82

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the archos 5 is not a computer no usb port the way you put files on it is just like the droid you mount then put them over so on so fourth.. i can probably get pda net on there but i do not know how to hook it to the droid..

check out ARCHOS

OP
justin82

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am sure the Droid will have to be set up as an AdHoc network to make it work for the Archos. I want to do mine wirelessly. For when I have no Access Point available.
this is my preferance at this point will settle for any form of internet

yamaha83

Reaction score
i have never actually used my wifi tether before but just tried to do connect with my Archos 605 wifi with no luck... just to try it out i got onto the thether with my laptop and it worked perfect... so im thinking im having the same issue as the OP... has anyone figured how to connect an archos to the droid tether?

boarder

Reaction score
same issue

I can wirless tether to my laptop but not archos internet tablet. does anyone know how to change settings to adhov that what i think it needs . And im rooted if this helps