Successfully Bricked

stmomma

Reaction score
I do believe I have successfully bricked my droid. Not by rooting, although I was rooted and overclocked. But I believe, from the way it is behaving that the hard drive area containing the OS was damaged as I, nor my friend or Verizon were ever able to get past the M logo. I did get a boot loader screen a couple times by holding up on d-pad while powering on and it would either say, battery too low to program or battery ok to program. Using RSDlite, my friend and I both attempted to load a ROM and both times we got to 100%, please restart phone manually. Upon restarting we got the M logo and that's it.

I now have a new droid in my hand and it doesn't have the nicely rounded little keys on the keyboard. :icon_evil:

If you guys have any more "magic" I can try before I have to send my nice droid with the rounded keys back, please tell me. I really like my keyboard.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do believe I have successfully bricked my droid. Not by rooting, although I was rooted and overclocked. But I believe, from the way it is behaving that the hard drive area containing the OS was damaged as I, nor my friend or Verizon were ever able to get past the M logo. I did get a boot loader screen a couple times by holding up on d-pad while powering on and it would either say, battery too low to program or battery ok to program. Using RSDlite, my friend and I both attempted to load a ROM and both times we got to 100%, please restart phone manually. Upon restarting we got the M logo and that's it.

I now have a new droid in my hand and it doesn't have the nicely rounded little keys on the keyboard. :icon_evil:

If you guys have any more "magic" I can try before I have to send my nice droid with the rounded keys back, please tell me. I really like my keyboard.

Have you tried cleaning the cache and data while on SPRecovery?

OP
stmomma

stmomma

Reaction score
My phone is still at my friend's house. I gotta go get it and hope he left it charging. I'll be back in an hour or so and we can try to get somewhere. I really don't like this new one. Flat keys and sloppy on the slide. ugh.

OP
stmomma

stmomma

Reaction score
Phone stuck on moto logo screen.. NEED help Please - xda-developers
I have tried RSDlite multiple times and it appears to be loading, but I still can't access anything on the phone. After loading an SBF all I get when I go to power up is the M logo. I'm tending to agree with AdamZ in the above link. I've fried a hard drive on a computer and this reminds me of that. Different screen, same results, no access to an OS to load.

OP
stmomma

stmomma

Reaction score
So I will settle in with my replacement with the flat keyboard, :( and get back to rooted here shortly. :) I think my phone looks rather silly all stock and I definitely notice a difference in performance. 2.2 is way faster.

CoolRalph

Reaction score
this happened to me one time i flashed a corrupt clockworkmod recov image. try using rsd lite to flash sprecovery (i have the sbf file at my girlfriends house :\) and then try booting into recovery, wiping everything, and flash a stock rom. this worked for me about two weeks ago, hopefully it works for u, good luck

OP
stmomma

stmomma

Reaction score
try using rsd lite to flash sprecovery (i have the sbf file at my girlfriends house :\) and then try booting into recovery,
That's what I tried, several times. Never could get past the M logo when trying to boot into recovery. Power+X does nothing and the battery drain is astronomical. Two attempts at most, then must recharge for several hours on a different phone (so I can see when it's charged).

I have a few more days, so will probably try again before I send it back. I'm just wondering if I could put a note on the phone to have them send it back to me after they fix it ;) I really like the raised keys. I have even considered researching the issue more (I think it's the hard drive) and attempting to replace the parts on my own cuz I really like MY phone.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you positive you've got a good charge on the battery? All this really sounds like a low/bad battery. Two tries does not sound anywhere right for a full battery. Can you get your hands on the charger that will charge the battery while not in the phone? Can you borrow a battery?

Everything you've said points to low/dead battery.