Rom bricked phone

necronomican

Reaction score
Droid 1

First off im not mad if it was the rom that caused it i support all the devs.

I have had my droid rooted since 2.0 android..never had a problem in a year or so ..i was hearing really good things about Liquid GB rom..so i gave it a go ran super smooth then slowed to a crawl running overclocked to 800mhz..couldnt do anything .. battery was at 50 %...so i turned the screen off and left it for about 10 min. turned the screen back on phone working fine again battery was at 20 % at this point then went down to 5% in a matter of a secound then the battery symbol in the notification bar went red with a line or x threw it and i couldnt use the phone cause it slowed again before i could pull the battery it shutoff with out saying powering down...so i plugged it in and it booted threw the M logo to the animation then freezes at animation then reboots...problem is it will not go into recovery by holding x doesnt even recognize it at all..then tried up on the d-pad to use rsd and all it says is battery to low to program stays on that screen for about 10 sec. then reboots the phone to the M logo...i plugged it into the pc which i have used with the phone .. charging light comes on but nothing else happens PC doesnt see it and rsd doesnt see so i boot using D-pad up again and still battery to low to program..the whole time its plugged into the pc the charging light is on but i left it charging for 6 hours but still says battery to low...if i leave it plugged into the wall charger it just boot loops infinity. M logo then animations then reboot...i left it plugged into the wall for another 2 hours and no charge still ..everything was working fine untill i put that rom on not saying its exactly the rom that caused it but recovery worked prior.

Last edited:

AWB

Reaction score
Same kinda thing happened to me a while back. The problem is a computer cant give the phone enough of a charge of the bat to get it to start (from dead). Now a PC can charge it once you have like 10% or w/e. Anyway what you do is go to Verizon tell them its messed up and they'll drop a temp battery in there to troubleshoot. Once that happens ask for the phone and quick boot into recovery and reflash. Well that's how I ended up fixing mine like a year ago.

dbst

Reaction score
You should be good once you get another battery

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
necronomican

necronomican

Reaction score
fixed it myself by tricking phone...i let charge in the wall charger and boot loop repeatedly then on one of the boot loops pushed up on d-pad and pulled battery so went into menu and it said ok to program so i pulled usb from wall chrager plugged into computer ran rsd flashed sprecovery and then rebooted into recovery and applied mass storage moved UD rom i had onto sd card as update .zip and after the phone died again and computer wouldnt let it turn back on so pluged it into wall charger entered recovery and flashed rom then rebooted and it booted into rom signed into google account and phone is up to 30% charge now and working great..hope this might help somone in the future...just be persistent..took me like 12 hours by trying alot of diffrent ways to get it to work then figured out a combo that worked and fixed...dancedroid