Subscribed calendars

qoncept

Reaction score
I have 2 calendars subscribed to in my Google Calendar account. In the "my calendars" screen in the Android app one shows up and one doesn't. Any ideas why?

les017

Reaction score
Droid can only sync to one main calendar account, even though it can do multiple GMail accts.

I currently use 3 GCals, all set up with individual colors. Just tell your main calendar to subscribe to the other calendar (if both calendars are under the same GMail acct) or set your second calendar to share with the main (if they are in seperate accts). Either way...both calendars' data will show up in one view on the Droid calendar. And if you set the permissions right you will be able to edit both from the Droid

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
I'm not sure I quite understand. I'm only using one account, with 3 calendars I've created for myself, and I've subscribed to US Holidays and a football schedule. In Google Calendars, Holidays and football are configured exactly the same, but on my phone, football doesn't show up.

mad3963

Reaction score
I'm not sure I quite understand. I'm only using one account, with 3 calendars I've created for myself, and I've subscribed to US Holidays and a football schedule. In Google Calendars, Holidays and football are configured exactly the same, but on my phone, football doesn't show up.

I have noticed this also. I have 8 different calendar views in my Google Calendar. On my DROID only 5 show up. My 3 sports calendars (Bengals, Buckeyes, Blue Jackets) do not show up. :icon_evil: :mad:

Silver Member
Reaction score
none of the google sports calendars will sync with any external device. this is a known issue with other carriers too. supposidly it's a licensing issue with google.

there is an easy fix, however; you can go to yahoo, find your team's calendar (scores and schedules) and tell it to send to your google calendar (it's actually a selection).

there's a write-up somewhere. it works perfectly and you still get scores.

i have five teams synced, all color coded. :)

mad3963

Reaction score
none of the google sports calendars will sync with any external device. this is a known issue with other carriers too. supposidly it's a licensing issue with google.

there is an easy fix, however; you can go to yahoo, find your team's calendar (scores and schedules) and tell it to send to your google calendar (it's actually a selection).

Thanks for the info! Works great for NFL and NHL. Not for NCAAF or MLS, had to import those into the calendar as .ics files, but they do sync at least.

Palantirion

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to the Droid and I am trying to sync the data between my wife's gmail calendar and my own on each of our Droids. Can someone walk me through this? I saw mention of "subscribing" to another's calendar, but I can't figure out how to set that up.

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
@Palantirion,
Have your wife log in to the calendar (on a computer).

On the left where it lists "My calendars", click the down arrow next to the one you want and click "Share this calendar." Enter your email address and click save. I can't remember exactly what happens now, but you probably get an email notifying you that someone has shared a calendar with you.

After you're subscribed to it, open the calendar on your Droid. Click the menu button, More, My calendars. This should list all the calendars you have in your Google Calendar account and you can choose which to sync on your Droid.

kittycat40

Reaction score
another calendar setting/sync question

Hi all, I am looking for some help with my gmail acct calendar. I set my desktop to start the week with monday and I added some other calendars. The other calendars have synced to my droid but I cannot get the droid to start the week on monday.

I have turned sync on and off without fixing this problem. Am I missing something obvious?

viper3773

Reaction score

thank you for this