Stupid Rooting Question

ktech11

Reaction score
No, emtronics
Ridiculousness like that drives me nuts, if u are going to say something be accurate, but hey Android isn't for everyone, high iq is recommended
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh God here we go. Another android vs. IPhone thread. Whoever is leaving android, just go. Why are you still on the forums? I forsee this thread getting shut down soon enough

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

ktech11

Reaction score
My point exactly. Iphones aren't nearly as easy to free. That dude needs to do some reading.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Guys... Chill... It's his choice if he wants to switch to an iphone. Don't bash him because of his choice. Android isn't for everybody. So don't bash him.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Ok... So... If Gingerbread doesn't come out before July 1st, then I'm going to root my phone. I've read a lot, but still have questions.

If I root unrEVOked, then can I still run Cyanamogod (sp?)?
- If I can, then where would I go to get it?

I plan on using a Kernel to underclock (overclock, not sure which), so that my phone will last longer...
- Is there a certain one that I should use?
- And where can I find kernels to use?

After I root, will I lose my contacts? Or any of the apps that I paid for? Or will all my apps be under my gmail app and all I have to do is redownload them?

That's all I can think of at the moment... If you have advice to give, then it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone! :icon_ banana:

Pmoser

Reaction score
First you will run unrevoked it shouldn't delete your contacts but to to be safe quick sync with Gmail. Next after root you will want to download an app named titanium backup. You might have to download an add on but just click okay. Then you will want to go to the three tabs on the top and click back up and restore. Then you will hit menu and there should be six choices choose batch then find an option like back upper apps + data. Check back in when you get this far I don't want you to get to over whelmed. Also I got an email today saying gingerbread. Will come summer 2011

Sent from my rooted Droid Increidble

OP
Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
First you will run unrevoked it shouldn't delete your contacts but to to be safe quick sync with Gmail. Next after root you will want to download an app named titanium backup. You might have to download an add on but just click okay. Then you will want to go to the three tabs on the top and click back up and restore. Then you will hit menu and there should be six choices choose batch then find an option like back upper apps + data. Check back in when you get this far I don't want you to get to over whelmed. Also I got an email today saying gingerbread. Will come summer 2011

Are you rooted right now? Or are you unrooted waiting for 2.3?

EDIT: I see that it says "Sent from my rooted Droid Incredible"

Haha...

In Windows:
Download and install unrEVOked modified USB Driver
  1. Uninstall HTC Sync, DoubleTwist, and DropBox from the PC. They can be reinstalled later if you desire, but for now they've got to go.
I can't find HTC Sync, DoubleTwist or Dropbox on my PC...

Last edited:

Pmoser

Reaction score
Currently iI am when gingerbread. Comes out ill give it a try. If the battery life is comparable then ill keep it because I prefer sense. Also if you can find them that's good and you can proceed

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
Currently iI am when gingerbread. Comes out ill give it a try. If the battery life is comparable then ill keep it because I prefer sense. Also if you can find them that's good and you can proceed

The battery life AND performance will be better, and gingerbread has faster response to your touch (by a little).

If you notice your battery ISN'T as long, follow my tutorial in my signiture!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Pmoser

Reaction score
My current rooted setup does the trick 14 hours stand by. 3 hours of usage and 50% left

OP
Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Do you have to put a ROM on your phone before a kernel?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Pmoser

Reaction score
I personally think its best to flash a Tom then before putting back all your stuff download a kernal. And flash that. Rarely it will get stuck. And you will have to reflash the Tom

Pmoser

Reaction score
Tom is supposed to be rom. Stupid. Sleek check

Pmoser

Reaction score
spell check again getting the best of me