Stupid Rooting Question

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I decided that I'm gonna root my phone today... o_O

I just have 1 question... Will all my contacts/pictures/videos and everything be gone after i root?

Rooting stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

That's the way I'll be rooting it.

Oh, is there any chance that I could brick my phone while rooting it?

Thanks in advance

smtom

Reaction score
Won't lose anything other than the shackles from Verizon.
I recommend dougpiston.com as a
(the) rooting guide.
Make sure your battery is nearly fully charged, and sd is fat32.
Assume contacts are google and not saved on the device.
Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is always a risk, but i would say go for it.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should be okay if you follow the tutorial you had in your post, just don't skip any steps. And be sure to do the nandroid backup in Step 3.

joeywavesport

Reaction score
another stupid question....

Hey everybody, I decided that I'm gonna root my phone today... o_O

I just have 1 question... Will all my contacts/pictures/videos and everything be gone after i root?

Rooting stock 2.2 using unrEVOked 3.32

That's the way I'll be rooting it.

Oh, is there any chance that I could brick my phone while rooting it?

Thanks in advance

getting ready to also root but what of my 'paid' apps. will I have to repurchase the apps or will the apps I paid for know my phone and be able to re-download at no charge? also BIG thanks in advance. :blackdroid:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You won't have to buy them again.

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

E

Emtronics

Root

Was goin to root my Dinc. Talked with a Verizon tech today and he said the DINC is NOT getting an update to 2.3 or Gingerbread or whatever you want to call it. It is what it is he said. Froyo is all my DINC will ever have so I thought, what the heck, I'll root. The VZ tech told me rooting voids the warranty and I told him so what? No updates from VZ and pretty much a dead phone because VZ stops selling and supporting it, why not. He then informs me as a loyal customer for years,he moved my renewal date up to next month. I am going iPhone. Goodbye Android and all your 40,000 steps to root.

OP
Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Was goin to root my Dinc. Talked with a Verizon tech today and he said the DINC is NOT getting an update to 2.3 or Gingerbread or whatever you want to call it. It is what it is he said. Froyo is all my DINC will ever have so I thought, what the heck, I'll root. The VZ tech told me rooting voids the warranty and I told him so what? No updates from VZ and pretty much a dead phone because VZ stops selling and supporting it, why not. He then informs me as a loyal customer for years,he moved my renewal date up to next month. I am going iPhone. Goodbye Android and all your 40,000 steps to root.

Verizon techs aren't always right. Emails have been released that the dinc would get gingerbread before the end of the 2nd quarter (june). Whether it happens or not, I guess we'll just have to wait to see.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

oresteez

Reaction score

40,000 steps huh?
Might want to make sure your reading glasses are on before you reread the instructions... I just rooted my newly acquired Incredible yesterday and there were only a handful of steps, and it took me like 10 or 15 minutes.
Maybe you were on the wrong website???

Enjoy your iPhone, I'm sure you will be much happier.

Pmoser

Reaction score

We won't miss you

ktech11

Reaction score
Just a question? Have you seen the process for jailbreaking an iPhone? Also have you heard of z4root?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums