stupid question: how do I search my emails?

jason_jm

Reaction score
very odd, I cannot figure out how to do it, DOH

the search function searches the internet (google) instead of my emails off exchange server

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Using the search button on the bottom right works for me while i'm in my mail app.

OP
J

jason_jm

Reaction score
not for me, I tried that first of course

I am trying to search an exchange 2007 corp email account, it just searches the internet instead of my mailbox

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hmm, i didn't get a chance to link it up to my corp exchange server on friday.. damn meetings, but i will try it again on monday.. if you haven't figured it out by then maybe ill have an answer.

OP
J

jason_jm

Reaction score
If anyone figures out how to open HTML attachments in email on droid, that would be good

diginet

Reaction score
I can't search my exchange emails or open HTML files. I hope this gets resolved soon.

OP
J

jason_jm

Reaction score
haha!

So it is not only me, these 2 issues I discovered are 2 pretty big ones

where do we post to the android developers?

ndolaw

Reaction score
Cant open .htm or .eml or .wmv

Also, cant search. Windows Mobile 6.0 was so great. you just start typing a word, and it finds the email if its in the to from or cc, or the subject. I hope they have that ability.

diginet

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal. I tried the Droid Eris and guess what? It has all the functionalities that we're missing. I can move emails, to different folders, I can download and open html files, I can search emails. So it's a Motorola Droid issue, not an android issue. I mean, the Droid Eris is running 1.5 not even 2.0, what's up with Motorola droid?

SilverK20A3

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal. I tried the Droid Eris and guess what? It has all the functionalities that we're missing. I can move emails, to different folders, I can download and open html files, I can search emails. So it's a Motorola Droid issue, not an android issue. I mean, the Droid Eris is running 1.5 not even 2.0, what's up with Motorola droid?

Unfortunately, I can't speak for the exact function you're referring to. However, to answer your question, the version of Android 1.5 running on the Droid Eris has a proprietary "skin" called Sense UI made by HTC exclusively for their Android phones. It includes many special modifications (pinch zoom, special widgets, social networking enhancements, business functions) exclusive to HTC Android phones.

The Moto Droid is a true "Google experience" phone, meaning it runs on the bone stock version of Android as released by Google. The benefit of having plain Android, is we can immediately update our phones with the latest version as soon as it's released. To update Android 1.5 on the Droid Eris, to Android 2.0 for example, Droid Eris users must wait for HTC to adapt their Sense UI to Android 2.0.

I would argue that it's more of a Verizon/Google issue in that the powers that be decided Droid should come with plain Android 2.0. Moto's other Android phone, the Cliq (on T-Mobile) has a mod like the Eris' Sense UI called Motoblur which is much more social networking oriented.

Last edited:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All this stuff should get fixed with time, as stated many times the SDK pack for developers has only been out for less then 2 weeks. People want a savior the day it comes out, there are things that go wrong, or things they don't think about.