Stuck in Liberty Boot Screen

OP
Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score
Problem Fixed

I just wanted to give you guys an update. I was able to fix my problem, and wanted to do a little write up on how I fixed it for any future guys who get stuck.

1. Pull battery for a minute.
2. Replace battery, and plug into a WALL charger, not USB, as this will not work.
3. I held the "X" button and powered on, bringing me to the screen with the caution logo and the android guy.
4. Slide open the keyboard and hit the magnifying glass key. This will not work with the other touch button on the front of the phone, it must be the key on the key pad.
5. I wiped everything possible. Also did a factory reset.
6. Restarted the phone, and it had a different boot screen. I am not sure if this is my doing, or something that was supposed to happen. I now have the word "android" as my boot screen, and it seems to have a glow to it.

I hope this helps anyone who had the troubles I had, and I would like to thank the GRD team for supplying me with the tools to do this, and the various developers and DF patrons who's posts I read to make educated guesses on how to fix my problems. Without I would have bricked yet another phone. Thanks guys!

2mnydgs

Reaction score
Were you on gingerbread or froyo when you first installed Liberty?

Also, the glowing android logo...I've put too many things on three different phones this week; but that glowing android seems familiar, can't for the life of me place it. :blink:
Name. That. Rom. haha

Glad you got your phone fixed.

OP
Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score
Were you on gingerbread or froyo when you first installed Liberty?

Also, the glowing android logo...I've put too many things on three different phones this week; but that glowing android seems familiar, can't for the life of me place it. :blink:
Name. That. Rom. haha

Glad you got your phone fixed.

I was on Froyo. All I can say is *********** has saved my butt so many times. I'm still teaching myself how to flash transparent apps onto my phone. I am in no way advocating piracy, but its a great source for STOCK .apk files when you need them quickly. Also, to any people reading this trying be self taught like me, back up and nandroid constantly. And REMEMBER what your latest nandroid back up is called. Its so frustrating to see a bunch of letters and numbers and forget which one was your last.

Also, if anyone has any advice on how to flash transparent apks onto the phone without losing the stock apk as a back up, that would be nice to know. Example being the stock messaging app.

Edit: I think the android flashing is from me doing a "factory reset" to the liberty 2.0 rom, and that's the stock boot logo. Not sure, just an idea. I have my Motorola logo replaced with that image of the android guy slicing open an apple, which I must say, without animation is quite lacking and disappointing.

Last edited:

2mnydgs

Reaction score
Just sbf and you'll get a new logo
As for keeping the current apks, just freeze them in tibu or rename them.
if you don't have it already, APKinstaller is a useful app, along with zip themer and metamorph

OP
Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score
Just sbf and you'll get a new logo
As for keeping the current apks, just freeze them in tibu or rename them.
if you don't have it already, APKinstaller is a useful app, along with zip themer and metamorph

The computer I have access to is a mac, and as far as my searching could tell, RSD Lite is not an option on macs. So I have been trying to come up with "mac friendly" ways to fix what I break. The success is limited, but still there.

With the freezing of apps, can I use rom toolbox instead of titanium backup? Also, can I use metamorph/ninjamorph to make any app I want transparent? I'm trying to create a completly transparent theme, and finding the apks from other people, or on the various forums is tough. Ill definatly look into the APKinstaller and the zip themer apps. Thanks for your help!