Stuck in Droid 2 Bootloader D0.11

bolado

Reaction score
I'm a novice droid owner, have not done anything it.
Message when turning on after drying - dropped in water.

Droid 2 stuck in
Bootloader
D0.11

Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Please help !

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
What did you do after it got wet? Did you try opening the phone and cleaning the circuit boards and stuff with QTips and denatured alcohol or an alcohol-based cleaning agent (NOT gas)? This should remove the calcium and possible rust build up on the circuits (which is what typically messes up electronics when they get wet) anyway....clean everything....EVERYTHING with it then let it dry. Once the substance is dry then use your wife’s (or girlfriends) toothbrush (you don’t want to use your own, right?) to brush off as much as possible.

What happens if you remove the USB cable and reboot?

rmwalsh86

Reaction score
I have the same issue but my circumstances are a bit different.

I recently broke the screen of my phone (Droid 2 Global) and sent it to Motorola, who replaced it. I got my phone back yesterday and turned it on. It worked fine for about 6 hours then I continually got this message. After taking out the battery, plugging and unplugging it into the charging, and hooking it with my computer several times, I finally got the phone to fully turn on without give me the bootloader message. I did a hard reset. Once again, the phone worked fine for about 12 hours, then soon after that the same issue occurred again. I've never rooted my phone, or attempted to technically alter it manually.

It should be noted that I believe charging my phone is the root of my problem. It originally began when I received the phone from Motorola and plugged it in to my home charger to charge it. After the factory reset, everything was fine until I charged it using my car charger.

Anybody have any suggestions?

user99

Reaction score
i have similar issue. Droid 2. I am stuck in bootloader and it says battery not ok, unable to program. i followed some directions i found on how to do a hard restart as i have scoured this forum for the last 24 hours trying to find the answer. i am able to to reach the white triangle with the yellow exclamation point, but none of the sequence of buttons gets me to the next step.

Droid 2 is stock, never rooted, never flashed (i dont even know how to do either of those and only learned there was such a thing after reading this forum)

I can reach Triangle during hard restart:
I have found this problem is not singular to me and many a user has encountered. However, it appears that many a user has tried the various hard restart procedures and been successful. i however, am not.

once at the triangle I have tried:
1) press and hold volume up botton and then press camera button. i have done this step at least a dozen times and held buttons in for more than 4 or 5 minutes each time. no response.
2) press and hold search button (magnifying glass). no response.
3) press and hold up and down volume button. no response.
4) take battery out and restart and try all steps above. no response.
5) take battery out, turn on droid, plug into wall unit charger and leave on charge for 24 hours. repeat any / all steps above. no response.

anybody have any ideas? next step is going to verizon and asking for help.

thanks in advance.
Kevin