Stuck in bootloop after Apex 2.0 RC2 Update

wtaylor0435

Reaction score
Please help. After upgrading to the Apec 2.0 RC2 ROM, my Droid 2 is stuck in a bootloop. It will turn on and charge, just as long as I don't have my microSD card in the phone.
Also, I tried to SBF the phone, but every time I try, RSDLite gives me the error message "Cannot flash phone, phone connected, phone connected."
I have absolutely no idea what to do, and am incapable of going to a Verizon store seeing as how I'm on a family plan and am not an Account Manager.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Also, I have tried holding X on the keyboard and then turning it on, but once it gets to that point, I cannot use the Android bootstrap utility to factory erase.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Power and x takes you to stock recovery. Did you data wipe from there? Also have you tried a battery pull first to try and get into clockwork? How did you install apex? You were on gb i assume. Anyway...
If you're at the sbf phase, are you sure you have the right files? (Rsd lite 4.9, the latest drivers and full sbf file?) What pc system are you running? Xp? Win 7? The more you can describe this stuff, the better we can help you!

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to data wipe...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
W

wtaylor0435

Reaction score
Power and x takes you to stock recovery. Did you data wipe from there? Also have you tried a battery pull first to try and get into clockwork? How did you install apex? You were on gb i assume. Anyway...
If you're at the sbf phase, are you sure you have the right files? (Rsd lite 4.9, the latest drivers and full sbf file?) What pc system are you running? Xp? Win 7? The more you can describe this stuff, the better we can help you!

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. And every time I use RSD lite to get an update, it says it's already updated to the latest version.
I'll try to update the drivers to the latest version.

And whenever I try to hold down X to get into Clockwork, it just brings up the Android with the triangle and no matter what button I press, it won't let me do anything.

I was on the Apex 2.0 Beta before I tried to update to RC2.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you press the magnifying glass on the keyboard, not the screen search button! Just in case....

Sent from my rooted DROID2

OP
W

wtaylor0435

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help guys.

I figured out the error message that RSDLite was giving me, and did a little Googling (about an hours worth to find the right thread!).

Here's the thread I went to. I did exactly what the thread told me, and after fixing permissions on my computer so that I could actually override the Failed Error Log, I got it working!

If you get "Failed Flashing process. (0x7100)" in RSD Lite - Page 2 - Android Forums

Hope anyone else who has this problem finds this thread and can get their Droid working again!