stuck in bootloader mode. BRICKED! HELP!

jp3699

Reaction score
i was on rsd light downgrading my droid for a custom rom and went on a walk... when i came home the phone was unplugged! idk who did it but help!
the phone is in bootloader and says,
FILE CORRUPT
BATTERY LOW
CANNOT PROGRAM

i think i might be bricked! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The Rescue Squad will help you out....

Hang tight help is on the way.

Good luck

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
i was on rsd light downgrading my droid for a custom rom and went on a walk... when i came home the phone was unplugged! idk who did it but help!
the phone is in bootloader and says,
FILE CORRUPT
BATTERY LOW
CANNOT PROGRAM

i think i might be bricked! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

You'll be OK, havent seen a real brick yet, and I doubt you'll be the first.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all, I'd say remove the battery.

Second, power on holding the "x" and go to recovery

If you get to recovery then wipe

And, make sure you have your battery charging again. I believe the magic figure is don't ever try to install ROM's with less than 30% battery.

Now, we await the Rescue Squad.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all, I'd say remove the battery.

Second, power on holding the "x" and go to recovery

If you get to recovery then wipe

And, make sure you have your battery charging again. I believe the magic figure is don't ever try to install ROM's with less than 30% battery.

Now, we await the Rescue Squad.

I'd say 40% when messing with RSD. Just to be safe. :p

File corrupted doesn't mean bricked. I've had that before, and I'm still on my first Droid. Just make sure you charged, if you can wipe like vulcan said, then flash rsd lite. It may take a few times before it will take. It has taken me 3 times before, it may take you more. And trust me, I am 99% sure your Droid is fixable.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yes, I concur. A 'bricked' phone is just that, all the functionality of a brick. No lighty uppy, no nada. The first thing you need to do (yes I am repeating what everyone else has said) is try to get some more juice to your battery. USE the WALL charger, don't try to rely on charging via USB/computer. A neat little trick I do is have a spare battery always charging on my battery only charger ;).

Here's my little 'adventure':

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-solutions/37644-brick-not-brick.html

good luck

Droidee

Reaction score
Rescue squad I need your help too. I finally got to the sprecovery screenand now it doesn't find update zip
I downloaded the es81 zip and the other one nada. I am used to being rooted. Please help. Rsdlite drove me nuts. It took me three days on my Mac. Is there something I can load now to get rooted. DESPERATE. LOL. Please help

gramirezg21

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP I have recently rooted my Droid x from gingerbread back to froyo and installed some custom roms. First I installed Liberty then Cyanogen. I then installed a 3rd rom and did everything to flash the rom but I think because I did not unflash Cyanogen that I got this problem. My phone was stuck in a bootloop so I tried to wipe every thing and my battery ended up dying and now I can not charge my phone while in bootloader so can anyone help with ways to charge my battery?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Get someone to charge it for you, go to the Verizon store and buy another battery (call up there and ask if they can charge it for you by the time you get there), or you can cut a USB cable, twist the black (ground) leads together and the red (positive) leads together and put the red on the positive battery terminal and the black on the negative. Hold it there for 5-7 minutes.

CM74DX

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP I have recently rooted my Droid x from gingerbread back to froyo and installed some custom roms. First I installed Liberty then Cyanogen. I then installed a 3rd rom and did everything to flash the rom but I think because I did not unflash Cyanogen that I got this problem. My phone was stuck in a bootloop so I tried to wipe every thing and my battery ended up dying and now I can not charge my phone while in bootloader so can anyone help with ways to charge my battery?

Hold the "up" arrow when powering the handset on, which will take you to the bootloader. Once in the bootloader, plug it into a wall charger, which will charge it.