stuck at black screen during boot after .206 leak/ cm9 install!

dirtymik3

Reaction score
HELP! stuck at black screen during boot after .206 leak/ cm9 install!

alright, so iv read that there is no possible way to revert to stock after installing an ics leak, but out of the blue my phone no longer vboots, i had the .206 ics leak as a non-safe system and i had cm9 nightly as my safestrap. so now heres the problem, after all this trouble started, i decided to try to use the ics only tool to switch to the .217 files i did so but didnt change the boot img/ ICSFIX thing. and so now this is where i am now, it wont turn on; whenever i powerup the phone it goes to the red M and then hangs at a black screen, i can get to the boot mode selection menu using power + vol up and down, but when i select recovery it hangs at the M again. so this brings me to my question, what can i do, IF ANYTHING, to get my phone back to a usable state? i dont care if its at gingerbread, froyo, ics, or honestly anything, i just need a phone asap!

please just someone help, my backup just died and i need a phone again! also, when its charging the battery indicator is off to the right, im not sure if this means anything but hell. any help would be much appreciated!

OP
D

dirtymik3

Reaction score
god damnit. seriously? no way i can fix this? if i was to take it into verizon would it be covered by the warranty? i know that i voided it by rooting and such, but would they actually be able to tell?

kwyrt

Reaction score
Did you try redoing the process with the correct ICSFIX image added to the files folder?

Sent from my Droid 4

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Did you try redoing the process with the correct ICSFIX image added to the files folder?

Sent from my Droid 4

That should work, if you used the tool with the 215 boot you could also flash 215 update.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

GigaJake

Reaction score
If you can still get into fastboot mode by selecting that from your vol+/- boot then you should be able to start the whole leak upgrade process all over again.

OP
D

dirtymik3

Reaction score
can someone give me detailed instructions on how to do this whole process over again, as in, MORE detailed than the ics only tool thread? just to ensure i dont miss anything? and if im not mistaken there is ALREADY an icsfix in the files folder? does that one not work? should i reflash to .215, or go back to .206 since thats what im on now? thanks a ton guys!

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Your are correct there is a boot.img file in the tool named "ICSFIX" it is the boot for 215 which was the current leak at the time. Just delete it out of the tool files folder. Then copy the one for 217 to the tool folder. Be sure that it is named "ICSFIX" and remember that windows will hide the file extension so don't add ".img" to it unless you have changed your windows setting to view the extensions. Then just run the tool and flash the 217 update in stock recovery.

OP
D

dirtymik3

Reaction score
Your are correct there is a boot.img file in the tool named "ICSFIX" it is the boot for 215 which was the current leak at the time. Just delete it out of the tool files folder. Then copy the one for 217 to the tool folder. Be sure that it is named "ICSFIX" and remember that windows will hide the file extension so don't add ".img" to it unless you have changed your windows setting to view the extensions. Then just run the tool and flash the 217 update in stock recovery.

*FIXED*
i have done all the steps you listed, and as i sit here my phone is in fastboot mode and the script for the ics only tool is just hanging on "< waiting for device >"?
*FIXED*

just rebooted the phone and reentered ap fastboot manually while it was still plugged in, n ow im just waiting for the tool to do its magic!

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If your stuck in fastboot you will have to edit the script. Read my note in the ics only tool and the end of the post.