Strange sound/speaker problem.

Dalrint

Reaction score
So I'm not sure if this is an OS problem or a phone problem, but since it doesn't happen all the time it's hard to imagine it's specifically hardware.

Any time my phone (motorola droid) makes sound for more than a few seconds (not including phone calls) the sound becomes extremely staticy, like the noise a television on a non-received channel used to make.

If I'm dialing the phone, for instance, the first two beeps will be fine, then the static starts, and the beeps begin to stretch out, as if the static is slowing them down. Or if I play a music file, it plays fine for like, ten seconds, and then the static starts and overrides the music. The static will continue until the music file would have ended, and then stops.

I'm running the newest update of the OS, it's not rooted, and I haven't put any unsigned software on my phone. Any ideas what could be causing this? If I can't sort it out myself I guess I'll take it to the store, cause it's only five months old.

Last edited:

jsje

Reaction score
I have the same problem. When I get a call or text, the ringtone sometimes sounds fine, but most times it is muffled or staticy. It seems to have happened since I installed Handcent SMS. I have disabled the stock messaging and the stock notification. Have you found a fix?

OP
D

Dalrint

Reaction score
Yeah, I did! Hard rebooting my phone fixed it. :D

jsje

Reaction score
I have the same problem. When I get a call or text, the ringtone sometimes sounds fine, but most times it is muffled or staticy. It seems to have happened since I installed Handcent SMS. I have disabled the stock messaging and the stock notification. Have you found a fix?

jsje

Reaction score
Did the hard reboot and it seems to be fixed! Thanks dancedroid