Strange!!! Really strange! American droid pro on European!!

dettofatto

Reaction score
Ok! I've send my european droid pro to motorola assistence (in italy)!
Because I've broken my bootloader upgrading my european with american's sbf (very stupid...)!
They send me an European (or american?) Droid pro with Verizon software!! And it is full unlocked!!
The baseband radio is not the same from my other american droid pro (I've 2 droid pro...) European is n-01.1b.03r, american is n-01.81.00r. Can i extract the baseband?
If i send you my nandroid backup, can you unlock your verizon droids pro? I'm upgrading to gingerbread now...!
sent from my Motosola!

xmobile

Reaction score
Droid Pro (American) Baseband N_01.77.00R

Ok! I've send my european droid pro to motorola assistence (in italy)!
Because I've broken my bootloader upgrading my european with american's sbf (very stupid...)!
They send me an European (or american?) Droid pro with Verizon software!! And it is full unlocked!!
The baseband radio is not the same from my other american droid pro (I've 2 droid pro...) European is n-01.1b.03r, american is n-01.81.00r. Can i extract the baseband?
If i send you my nandroid backup, can you unlock your verizon droids pro? I'm upgrading to gingerbread now...!
sent from my Motosola!

I have a American(Verizon) Droid Pro in my possession which has been rooted. I'd be willing to try your nandroid backup!

About phone:

System version: Version.3.8.7.XT610.Verizon.en.US
Model number: DROID PRO
Android version: 2.2.1
Baseband version: N_01.77.00R
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g43f0589
e50256@ca25rhe85#1
Build number: 3.4.2_80_V2_87
ERI Version 5

OP
dettofatto

dettofatto

Reaction score
I have a American(Verizon) Droid Pro in my possession which has been rooted. I'd be willing to try your nandroid backup!

About phone:

System version: Version.3.8.7.XT610.Verizon.en.US
Model number: DROID PRO
Android version: 2.2.1
Baseband version: N_01.77.00R
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g43f0589
e50256@ca25rhe85#1
Build number: 3.4.2_80_V2_87
ERI Version 5

If You want... But I think that it is impossible..!
http://db.tt/ebpmOg51
Before you must perform your backup, then install my rom and wipe everything...
Tell us your experience....!

OP
dettofatto

dettofatto

Reaction score
Ok! Some users on xda put the american's sbf, on European pro! After 48 hours without battery, their phone has rebooted...
And so now I can understand because my european phone was american!
Now we must understand if there is any issue for trying this and for installing your mod rom!

sent from my Motosola!

ngtwolf

Reaction score
I might be missing something here, but as an fyi, nandroid backups don't contain the radio. For american droids, its the radio (baseband) that verizon has locked.

Technically we have an unlocked froyo radio with the TBH hack, I'm curious if an unlocked european gingerbread radio would work on the american phone but using an american backup (basically everything except the radio would be american).

OP
dettofatto

dettofatto

Reaction score
Last edited:

ngtwolf

Reaction score
See this post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ma-gsm-european-pro-only-gsm.html#post2054442
This is my baseband in European ICS (with kernel patch)! But we don't have gingerbread! In european droid we have only froyo, without any updates...
The baseband:
European is n-01.1b.03r (froyo),
american is n-01.81.00r or N_01.77.00R
Can I extract my european radio for you?

sent from my Motosola!View attachment 48336

Honestly don't know how to extract the baseband. I've wondered that myself because I figured it would allow us to put out a rom with the 'hacked' froyo radio but I have no idea how. I'm not sure that the european radio would be any better than the TBH unlocked american radio though. The only benefit would have been a gingerbread radio. Thats very odd that the european one didn't have gingerbread, usually its the american stuff that's always late.

OP
dettofatto

dettofatto

Reaction score
..... Thats very odd that the european one didn't have gingerbread, usually its the american stuff that's always late.

We think the same Thing In Europe ...!! "...Usually its the European stuff that's always late...." :biggrin:

If anyone know how extract the radio from my froyo, please give me a tutorial!