Strange issue

Renapd

Reaction score
No matter what rom or kernel I use, every few days random applications start to force close and then sometimes disappear off my phone. I have to reinstall them to get them to work again. I have done multiple wipes and formats with every possible kernel. Any ideas?

hakked

Reaction score
I'm using the default kernel with no issues and great speed..can you get a logcat?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
R

Renapd

Reaction score
running logcat now to see what it says...I just lost both my adobe reader and flash apps today..I don't get it.

painball64

Reaction score
I had this prob with 3.1. Fpr me it was almost any kernal I used. I had to use slayers kernal. Only one that wouldn't fc apps. Id keep tryin differ kernals. See if it still does it with just stock kernal.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

stedrocklp

Reaction score
Generally speaking this sounds like a kernel issue. Did this happen when you first loaded the rom with the stock kernel?

OP
R

Renapd

Reaction score
I thought it was a kernel problem too, but it happens with every kernel, even stock. I actually re-flashed last night. Everything installs fine, and 10 mins later random apps start force closing. Re-installing remedies the problem until it decides to start up again. On a side note, rom manager also won't flash sprecovery. I get an error when trying to flash it and half the time the phone won't boot into recovery mode.. Anyway, I am getting my second replacement since my first droid's touchscreen went out on my about a month ago.

jpnestel

Reaction score
I had a similar problem particularly w my widget apps. I did the install to system command in us settings and it seems good since. Hope that helps

OP
R

Renapd

Reaction score
"New" phone from verizon and all is well again. I don't know what was going on with that last one.