Strange issues with data

josg21

Reaction score
Anyone else having strange issues with data? The wifi randomly turns off, and even regular 3g will sometimes not work. Or not work consistently. Anyone having any of these issues?

OP
J

josg21

Reaction score
Also, I did a speed test using the speedtest.net app, and got about 200k down but about 1700k up (wifi) is that normal?

zamslam

Reaction score
Wifi seems very flaky

Anyone else having strange issues with data? The wifi randomly turns off, and even regular 3g will sometimes not work. Or not work consistently. Anyone having any of these issues?

I have 802.11-N, a strong signal that other devices have no problem with.

Frequently on the x it just seems to stop receiving and apps report time outs.

The wifi icon doesn't show a disconnect or any obvious issue. The signal strength shows full. Majorly frustrating.

A speed test showed 6mb/sec down 2up. A subsequent run couldn't connect to the server.

In settings I said keep wifi active.

Hoping for some software update.

Dustinmj

Reaction score
I saw both of these problems yesterday... about midday my 3g disappeared and didn't return for a couple of hours. The Verizon tech I talked to said it was due to all the new devices on the network yesterday (they had reports of towers down in some areas)... not sure if I believe that.

With wifi (granted I only have a G router) the browser hangs on loading, dlna and other apps time out etc... extremely aggravating.

Interpol

Reaction score
I am having this issue too. The phone will connect to my access point, display the WiFi icon and work fine, and then will suddenly stop exchanging data as if no connection existed. And since it still thinks it's connected to WiFi, it won't revert back to 3G for data.

At least I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one.

vmorgan55

Reaction score
same issue

Yeah I have the same thing--it will connect to my wifi network at full strength, receive data for about 5 seconds, and then stop. After that point either nothing comes through or data arrives only at a trickle. I tested out my now-decommissioned iphone on the network, and it works just fine.

3G is very fast though, so it's not a huge issue at the moment...but this is pretty crappy.

tiger187126

Reaction score
mine just won't stay connected to the wifi signal. it shuts it off randomly and then turns it back on maybe 30 seconds later.