Strange GMail Problem

VivianC

Reaction score
Hi all,

Since I upgraded to 1.0, I've been having an issue with GMail. It alerts me when new mail arrives and I can read them but when I try to delete them, it deletes on the phone but not on the main site. When I log in from home later, all those messages are still there and not flagged as read.

I have a Moto Droid running Sapphire 1.0 with the gapps 1.0 and black bar mods. All the sync options I can find are turned on but the sync only seems to be working one way.

Any thoughts?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
go into settings/manage applications find gmail in the Running or All column and clear data.

I usually force stop as well.

GoGators

Reaction score
I had the same issue, and knew this trick, however, I had one pesky email that would not go away. I would delete it, clear data, and a few minutes later, I had new mail. I could not actually see the unread message on my phone until I cleared data and it reloaded, then there it was, that same one email. I did not do the force stop though. I have tried that and it is gone again (for now). Thanks for the additional tip!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's "Gmail" and then there's "Gmail storage". Gmail storage has usually been the key when clearing data. Clearing Gmail data/cache might also be needed for some problems.

raven1911

Reaction score
I was having the same problem, although I could not send emails either for some reason. I hit send and the email just hangs saying sending..... and never sends it. I cleared the data, so hopefully that will help with my problem?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was having the same problem, although I could not send emails either for some reason. I hit send and the email just hangs saying sending..... and never sends it. I cleared the data, so hopefully that will help with my problem?

I've had this happen when sending an attachment. Sometimes you can just go to the Outbox and delete the stuck message. If that doesn't work, clearing "Gmail storage" data will.

Whenever I have to send an attachment, I invariably choose K9 over the Gmail app (I use both) because of this bug.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

yes my fix above will work for this issue as well.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

yes my fix above will work for this issue as well.

It does fix it but every now and then I will still get that problem. its annoying to keep doing the fix :icon_evil: