problems setting up?

Axium

Reaction score
just flashed sapphire 1.0. it skipped the google activation when you start up the phone. so i dialed #228 and hit 1.. go to accounts & sync and try to add my gmail to it, says "Setup could not finish: Unable to open connection to server." how are you supposed to get a connection going when you flash a rom like this?

bhughesiii

Reaction score
you need to install the google apps update.zip

Sent from my Droid

OP
A

Axium

Reaction score
omg that was way too easy lol, ily. thanks a lot! gonna check out this froyo rom see how it fairs tonight at work. :)

b15nut

Reaction score
I am having the same issue but still not resolved. I have tried wiping eveything, nothing, and just cache to no avail.

Should I just reflash the sapphire rom and then do the gapps again? I will try that later tonight and see what I can come up with.

Using clockwork do i need to rename to update.zip?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue but still not resolved. I have tried wiping eveything, nothing, and just cache to no avail.

Should I just reflash the sapphire rom and then do the gapps again? I will try that later tonight and see what I can come up with.

No need to rename on clockwork.

All 1.0 files install fine on latest clockwork.

b15nut

Reaction score

No need to rename on clockwork.

All 1.0 files install fine on latest clockwork.

Thanks I will redownload and flash again later tonight without renaming.

b15nut

Reaction score
We have lift off!!!! Downloaded both rom and app again. Wiped 3 times flashed rom then went straight back into recovery and flashed app and VIOLA. Thanks for the help!!