storm 1 to droid x

jvmxtra

Reaction score
Hello forum.

Just wanted to say I am so looking forward to getting droid x.
I have been using storm 1 for past year and half and I really think I paid my dues to smartphone era by suffering w/ storm 1 for past year and half.

This thursday I face a HUGE dilemma by whether to get the phone or not. Ever since I was eligible (back in jan since I have family plan w/ 3 phones), I told myself that this time I will wait and get
1)phone w/ biggest screen(droid x)
2)phone w/ 4g(but this I cannot wait anymore)
3)phone on big discount(which this will not fit on this thursday).

Biggest concern is
1)how long before droid x will be discounted(like $149 or $99 w/ no rebate)
2)Will this suffer any shortage like DI

I might still go for droid X this thursday as I have been suffering too long and I might not be able to keep my words and just go for it.. but wanted to know what you guys thought.

OP
J

jvmxtra

Reaction score
:)

I am leaning that way more and more... grhrhrhhrhrhrhg

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Hello forum.

I have been using storm 1 for past year and half and I really think I paid my dues to smartphone era by suffering w/ storm 1 for past year and half.

This thursday I face a HUGE dilemma by whether to get the phone or not. Ever since I was eligible (back in jan since I have family plan w/ 3 phones), I told myself that this time I will wait and get

Biggest concern is

I might still go for droid X this thursday as I have been suffering too long and I might not be able to keep my words and just go for it.. but wanted to know what you guys thought.

1)The original Droid just hit $149.99 in June. So I'm guessing when Motorola releases their next big phone for Verizon is when it will be cheaper. Plus it'll be a popular device, so theres not gonna be a need for Verizon to drop the price anytime soon.

2) I doubt they'll be a bad shortage like the Droid Incredible. Motorola has their stuff together and use a processor and screen thats not really being used by a lot of manufactures. So I'm sure they'll do fine with keeping up with demand, though they say it'll be out of stock on and off till after the first week or two of August.

If I were you, I would get the Droid X on a 1 year contract, and by then Verizon's 4G network will be bigger and you probably will be able to take advantage of it (they're starting by November) and plenty of great phones.

OP
J

jvmxtra

Reaction score
Hello forum.

Biggest concern is

1)The original Droid just hit $149.99 in June. So I'm guessing when Motorola releases their next big phone for Verizon is when it will be cheaper. Plus it'll be a popular device, so theres not gonna be a need for Verizon to drop the price anytime soon.

2) I doubt they'll be a bad shortage like the Droid Incredible. Motorola has their stuff together and use a processor and screen thats not really being used by a lot of manufactures. So I'm sure they'll do fine with keeping up with demand, though they say it'll be out of stock on and off till after the first week or two of August.

If I were you, I would get the Droid X on a 1 year contract, and by then Verizon's 4G network will be bigger and you probably will be able to take advantage of it (they're starting by November) and plenty of great phones.

Hey man Thanks.
But just looking at last year's droid's release, Dell had $99 special only after 2 weeks and I was just wondering if droid X would run into same deal(I think it will do great but I would think it's bound to turn some user's away w/ 4.3 big screen)..