Droid X vs. Droid 2

blewis1041

Reaction score
I'm a newbie looking for a little help. 10+ year BB user, finally tired of things breaking when I drop them, as well as limited functionality. Strongly considering changing to either the Droid X or Droid 2 (coming out Thursday). The biggest difference between the 2 appears to be a physical keyboard (I've used a storm for over 1.5 years, so that's not an issue), and the latest OS on the droid 2 (which the X will supposedly get shortly). Anything else I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The Droid X would be a good fit. However, when I let the BB Storm behind, I enjoyed the weight of the Droid 1. It felt like I was holding a phone and not something lite. I would try them both out and see for yourself.

I'm a newbie looking for a little help. 10+ year BB user, finally tired of things breaking when I drop them, as well as limited functionality. Strongly considering changing to either the Droid X or Droid 2 (coming out Thursday). The biggest difference between the 2 appears to be a physical keyboard (I've used a storm for over 1.5 years, so that's not an issue), and the latest OS on the droid 2 (which the X will supposedly get shortly). Anything else I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I just ordered the Droid X on Sunday to replace my broken BB Strom1... Can't wait for the new phone to get here...

i dunno about you guys but i "hate" droid x, it's just not comfortable at all, i can't get use to it, i'm gonna try droid2, hopefully that will work out better, still have droid1 as back up

droid x will get 2.2 in a few weeks, so i'd go with the X anyway

I hated the keyboard on the D1, that is the reason I stuck with my BB. I have been doing much better than I thought on this touch only keyboard, especially using Swype. So this keyboard on the D2 while they say it is different, and does look a little better I am pretty sure it will still be crap. I say DX

From what I've played with the X... it really wasn't that impressive. It seemed laggy to me. Swiping from screen to screen, and scrolling through the app drawer. But, that's only one phone that I've played with. I'll be able to play with two others this weekend. So, we'll see how they do compared to my Droid. :)

I hated the keyboard on the D1, that is the reason I stuck with my BB. I have been doing much better than I thought on this touch only keyboard, especially using Swype. So this keyboard on the D2 while they say it is different, and does look a little better I am pretty sure it will still be crap. I say DX
You don't have to use the physical keyboard just cause it's there. ;) I never use it. Never have on any of my phones (that I've had the choice with). Just always prefer the virtual.

That is true but there is no point in having it if you don't use it. Would rather have the bigger nicer looking screen. And after rooting and taking off those crap apps they install from the factory the lag is gone. Phone feels amazing after doing that.

Very true. I've been tempted for a while now to get one of the keyboardless phones... but... I dunno. The Droid2 is looking mighty fine to me. :)

Yeah I was tempted by the D2 just for the hopes of better battery life, but I got my X giving me a full day easy with normal use for me. So I think I will hold on to the X and maybe see what they have coming later this year.

Back