price of Droid X

daniel4ever

Reaction score
Ok, so I am on the verge of getting a Droid X for my son, and happened to visit the Motorola site today looking at their manuals and support, and stumbled on the price they are charging (for my zipcode) - $149. Verizon, with an upgrade discount and the rebate, is $199. I am always suspicious of deals - is there something I am missing here? If not, woot for my waiting a bit longer and not buying impulsively!

Thanks for any thoughts!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
link?

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Ok, so I am on the verge of getting a Droid X for my son, and happened to visit the Motorola site today looking at their manuals and support, and stumbled on the price they are charging (for my zipcode) - $149. Verizon, with an upgrade discount and the rebate, is $199. I am always suspicious of deals - is there something I am missing here? If not, woot for my waiting a bit longer and not buying impulsively!

Thanks for any thoughts!

Make sure that you would be getting the phone from Motorola and not some 3rd party vendor. Also, check to see if it is a certified refurbished phone. I know Verizon was offering those for $149.

On a good note there may be some places were you can find the Droid X for that price, just make sure it is legit.

mob87

Reaction score
I think wirefly was/is selling them at that price.

JeffGoldblum

Reaction score
I was actually going to make a thread similar to this.

I'm set on the Droid X. I've had AT&T since I can remember. My contract is up this month and I'm leaving to switch to Verizon.

The price I'm getting for the phone is 300 - 100 MIR + taxes + $150 first phone bill +/-

I'm just curious if anyone here knows if they're going to be dropping the price anytime soon. I saw the Wirefly deal for $100 (which I believe ends at midnight tonight) but I'm finding quite a few people reporting that Wirefly keeps changing their plans without their authorization. I'd rather not have to deal with this.

So anyone know about a soon to be price drop through Verizon?

abe7333

Reaction score
Try wirefly. I got mine from them. $179 and a $30 bill credit. So $149. I thought it was a good price

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

kevinkar

Reaction score
I got mine through an employee discount program and the phone was $299, no rebate, free activation, 25% off the 450 minute plan monthly price and 20% off the unlimited data monthly price, and unlimited texting. Free shipping too. Not great but not bad. Still a 2-year commitment though. The phone was brand new and direct from Verizon.

liferefugee

Reaction score
Many of the deals out there require you to deal with your account through them. Vz pays them for bringing in new customers... Read the fine print and go for it if you are ok with the terms.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
D

daniel4ever

Reaction score
Many of the deals out there require you to deal with your account through them. Vz pays them for bringing in new customers... Read the fine print and go for it if you are ok with the terms.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ah, ok - tomorrow I will make a phone call and find out the details. I had thought maybe the difference was what was in the box or something, since Verizon does bundling sometimes. But, I will definitely read the fine print! Thanks!!

OP
D

daniel4ever

Reaction score
and now the rest of the story

Ok, so I wanted to follow up with what I found out when I called the Motorola Store today. Yesterday I posted that they had the Droid X for $149, which was $50 cheaper than the upgrade price from Verizon.

First, the fellow did tell me they are an authorized dealer for Verizon, and that the contract would be through Verizon, not Motorola, which was one concern mentioned by someone in this thread.

The problem is, I was not eligible for the lower price because to get that price, it had to be either the primary line on our family plan, or be an individual plan.

In fact, the bottom line price from the Motorola Store for me to get this phone for my son, as an upgrade, which we are eligible for, was $299, a full $100 more than the upgrade price from Verizon. So, I guess I will be ordering it from Verizon's website.

Thanks for all the help you all gave me on things to watch out for - it helped a lot and I really appreciate it!