Store Voice Mail Password

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
I thought I had this working but I don't. It works now when someone leaves a VM but when I just call in to check my VM it doesn't enter the password. very strange

nitrap

Reaction score
I set my VM through Settings->Call settings->Voicemail settings to *86,,xxxxx#, and it works great if I use speed dial (press and hold 1 on dialpad), but when I press "Call Voice Mail" in the Voicemail app, password is not sent. Has behaved exactly the same with total consistency after being re-configured after three factory resets (for other reasons).

GarciaFan

Reaction score
Switch to Google voice and it becomes irrelevant and you get visual voicemail fro free. You wont go back, trust me on this.

Rip_in_LV

Reaction score
I stopped by a VZ store today after deactivating the Bionic and reverting back to my Dinc. I explained the Bionic bugginess and voice mail issue to a CS rep and she said the initial activation was obviously the issue. She deactivated the Dinc, reactivated the Bionic, changed the password on my voice mail to #86,,xxxx and everything is lovely! The phone is "snappier", voicemail retained the password and life is good again. I'll keep the Bionic for another week and evaluate whether I'll return it before my 14 days are up. While in the VZ store, I checked out the various docks in action and I have to say I was impressed:icon_ banana: but I'm easily impressed with anything that works the way it's designed to work!:blink:

nitrap

Reaction score
I stopped by a VZ store today after deactivating the Bionic and reverting back to my Dinc. I explained the Bionic bugginess and voice mail issue to a CS rep and she said the initial activation was obviously the issue. She deactivated the Dinc, reactivated the Bionic, changed the password on my voice mail to #86,,xxxx and everything is lovely! The phone is "snappier", voicemail retained the password and life is good again. I'll keep the Bionic for another week and evaluate whether I'll return it before my 14 days are up. While in the VZ store, I checked out the various docks in action and I have to say I was impressed:icon_ banana: but I'm easily impressed with anything that works the way it's designed to work!:blink:

And it works from the Voicemail app when you press "Call Voicemail"?

Rip_in_LV

Reaction score
According to the VZ Rep, the VoiceMail app is specifically for Visual Voicemail and is not associated with your regular voice mail. To listen to voice mail messages, you can select "1" and it will dial the password or you can select the voicemail notification on your home page when you receive a voicemail and it will dial the stored password for you as well. So...don't select the big green VoiceMail icon and expect it to dial the stored password. Seems like they would have named that icon/app to indicate Visual Voicemail only.

nitrap

Reaction score
According to the VZ Rep, the VoiceMail app is specifically for Visual Voicemail and is not associated with your regular voice mail. To listen to voice mail messages, you can select "1" and it will dial the password or you can select the voicemail notification on your home page when you receive a voicemail and it will dial the stored password for you as well. So...don't select the big green VoiceMail icon and expect it to dial the stored password. Seems like they would have named that icon/app to indicate Visual Voicemail only.

Thanks for the info. One less icon to keep around. Seemed redundant anyway.

tk_droid

Reaction score
This did not work for me at first but I entered #86,,xxxx# and after about 4 hours it started working fine. Odd!

Followed the #86,,xxxx (4-digit password) then #...worked beautifully !! :) THANKS!

jdp1955

Reaction score
Voicemail icon....when I tap the voicemail icon on the home screen it dials voicemail (*86) however it requires me to manually enter my password although I have it set up with *86,,XXXX#. Not sure what I need to tweak to have the phone enter the password automatically. thx. JP