Storage and Micros SD problem

Mohamed Fawzy

Reaction score
I tried to install an app but then it said my phone ran out of storage. So I bought 256GB MicroSD and inserted it into my phone. But still when I try to install the app it says my phone ran out of storage. It seems my phone can't detect the MicroSD? How to solve this issue?

Einsteindks

Reaction score
I tried to install an app but then it said my phone ran out of storage. So I bought 256GB MicroSD and inserted it into my phone. But still when I try to install the app it says my phone ran out of storage. It seems my phone can't detect the MicroSD? How to solve this issue?
Phones don't put apps on the SD card, even by default, anymore. You may want to try to have your photographs and videos saved on the SD card by default, instead of the phone. I suspect that's where your problem lies.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The only way to use an SD card for apps is to format the card as Adoptive Internal storage. But that is HIGHLY not recommended. That is known to cause all kinds of issues down the road..,and the card can never be used in another device, can't copy stuff from it, etc. So it's best to leave it as External Storage and manually move all your pics, videos and music to the SD card. Then set your Camera app to save to the card for future pics, and that should free up Internal storage.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

sjticoalu

Reaction score
Additionally, you might want to check some Apps that movable to SD Card.

Sent from my SO-02H using Tapatalk