Stop lines in notification bar from moving up and down

mistersink

Reaction score
I have a few lines in the notification bar that are permanent (tasker, juice defender, and two lines of notification toggle). Every time I pull down my notification bar, it scrambles to update all these permanent notifications and prioritize the notifications based on most recently updated (I think that's how it works).
There are two problems with this:
1. If I press something faster than it can update everything, there is a lag after making the selection (mostly with the notification toggle). So if I’m trying to turn my airplane mode on, sometimes I don't think it pressed the first time and I press it twice.
2. Text messages will usually be at the top, so I go to press the text message right away. As I’m doing so, it gets knocked down by something else that just updated and I press the wrong thing.

Is there any way to force certain permanent notifications to be in a certain spot? Or, is there a way to segregate the permanent notifications (or ones I select) from the others?

Edit: I have Droid RAZR with ICS

Thanks!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Actually, so far I am not aware of anything. I have my notification toggle set to force on top, but I always have to wait till everything settles and finds it place to make a selection. It is a problem that everything is fighting to be on the top. I think if I disable the feature to force the notification toggle on top, it doesn't have that problem...but then my toggle ends up anywhere in the list and I like it on top.

OP
M

mistersink

Reaction score
Unfortunately not all apps have that setting. I feel like I've seen a customized notification area in some youtube video I was watching, but it might have been a rooted phone. I'm not rooted. It would be nice if one could set custom priority numbers for any notification and set it up in that order every time.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree. It seems like it should be easy enough to do. My notification toggle is the only thing that has the priority setting to stay on top. If I just let it be, everything stays in place without any jumping around. It is the toggle fighting to get to the top that causes it to jump around. It seems that without setting that as to priority, everything else knows its priority and nothing jumps around but then my toggle ends up on the bottom. I think all that needs to happen is to have the ability to “fix" that toggle to the top. Let everything else fall into place below it.

OP
M

mistersink

Reaction score
I guess with a recent update, notification toggle now has the option "list notifications in the on-going notification section" instead of keep on the top". I think it does the same thing tho. I turned that off and now it stays at the bottom. the only thing that's auto updating to the top is juice defender, and I didn't see any option for that other than to hide the notification. I don't really care where the notifications are, as long as they're not moving. I guess this is as good a fix as any.