STOLEN HTC Incredible - in need of some SERIOUS hacker help..

singorscream26

Reaction score
today at work, while i was working alone, in a BUSY shoe store with no cameras, my phone was stolen as i was looking for something in the back room.

on this phone is about 4 years worth of pictures, and irreplaceable memories i (like an idiot..) do NOT have backed up to my computer.

as soon as i realized it was stolen, i called mall security (who's worthless), my local Police dept. and also Verizon who turned off all services to my phone.

i now have a Moto Droid 1 that i am borrowing from a friend until i can get my replacement phone. my real question is, is there ANY way of tracking down this phone? NOTE: this phone does NOT have any previously installed apps that would allow me to track this if/when it's lost/stolen. i've tried EVERYTHING.. GPS Tracker, Lookout, Plan B, everything. the problem i keep running into is that my phone # is now on this moto droid, and so is my email acct.

there is a ton of pictures, notes, reminders, etc.. i only have on that phone. not having it is worse than taking my wallet and burning all my photo albums at home..
ANY AND ALLLLLL HELP IS APPRECIATED! thank you guys in advance..

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
IMHO, not a chance to track it down.

Without anything installed prior to it being stolen you are SOL basically...

Hope it does turn up for you tho.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it still had service you could possibly remotely install a gps tracking app, but now that it has no service I can't really think of anything that can be done.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Lost cause if it has no service. To prevent this from happening to you I would highly suggest two apps.......Titanium media sync and Seekdroid.

Titanium media sync will automatically backup anything you want to your dropbox as often as you want.

Seekdroid uses GPS and will give you a location of the phone (it will turn on the GPS feature even if you have it off), it will lock the phone remotely, and even format the sdcard.

Sent from a D2 runnin GB.

sparty569

Reaction score
That is one good thing about the online market now. If it had service, you could install something from there and force it to your phone.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Even if you forced something like Lookout to your phone you would still need to go through the setup process before you can use it. And didn't they change the online market setup to wait for your permission before actually installing the app?

I hate to say it but your SOL. Sorry

Did you at least have a lock screen on the phone so the person can't access it with out the correct PIN or PATTERN? That might be enough of a hinderance that the thief might drop it of some where.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

techguru

Reaction score
Your first mistake was not installing one of the many fine tracking and remote lock apps available for free on the market as soon as you got the device. The second was deactivating it before attempting PlanB from lookout.

By deactivating it you have dramatically reduced its value to the thief. Verizon will never activate that ESN, but your chance of recovery is practically nil.

Alan

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Your first mistake was not installing one of the many fine tracking and remote lock apps available for free on the market as soon as you got the device. The second was deactivating it before attempting PlanB from lookout.

By deactivating it you have dramatically reduced its value to the thief. Verizon will never activate that ESN, but your chance of recovery is practically nil.

Alan

First thing a REAL thief will do is remove the battery and deactivate the phone. He wants the hardware, not your pictures.

Seekdroid, which I have, is only worth something if your phone is causally lost, not stolen by someone that knows how to circumvent relatively useless "security" apps.

illmatic636

Reaction score
today at work, while i was working alone, in a BUSY shoe store with no cameras, my phone was stolen as i was looking for something in the back room.

on this phone is about 4 years worth of pictures, and irreplaceable memories i (like an idiot..) do NOT have backed up to my computer.

as soon as i realized it was stolen, i called mall security (who's worthless), my local Police dept. and also Verizon who turned off all services to my phone.

i now have a Moto Droid 1 that i am borrowing from a friend until i can get my replacement phone. my real question is, is there ANY way of tracking down this phone? NOTE: this phone does NOT have any previously installed apps that would allow me to track this if/when it's lost/stolen. i've tried EVERYTHING.. GPS Tracker, Lookout, Plan B, everything. the problem i keep running into is that my phone # is now on this moto droid, and so is my email acct.

there is a ton of pictures, notes, reminders, etc.. i only have on that phone. not having it is worse than taking my wallet and burning all my photo albums at home..
ANY AND ALLLLLL HELP IS APPRECIATED! thank you guys in advance..

Sorry to hear about your stolen phone. Maybe if you look in your Picasa acct, your pics are synced in there. If not, sorry you lose all those memories.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
For future reference you can install Where's my Droid and if this should happen again you send a text to your phone "GPS my droid" it will send you lat and lon, link to google maps, and address.

Also...what we did to get my wife's phone back when it was stolen is we use latitude on google maps. I just looked her up...navigated to my phone....and showed up and the door....the dude was totally shocked...and I got my phone back.

Both of these however need to be installed BEFORE you lose your device.

Last edited: