Phone Stolen

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
Hello all. I wasn't sure where to put this or if anyone can help. If this is in the wrong section please move it or let me know.

My friends DInc was stolen today. I was wondering if there was any way to track it or hack into it to find out where it is.

We filed a police report and called Verizon to report it stolen. Is there anything else I can do?

The phone is rooted but I don't believe that there is anything on there to track it or anything like that. The phone is also on my phone plan but does not have insurance. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello all. I wasn't sure where to put this or if anyone can help. If this is in the wrong section please move it or let me know.

market.android.com lets you remotely install apps on the phone....that might let you locate the phone.

I'd say change his gmail password but that might interfere with a remote install of market apps.

I'm not up on the best app you should install. A google search shows this as one possibility:

Anti Droid Theft - Find your stolen or lost android / google phone

good luck.

robjective

Reaction score
IIRC, there is an app on the market that for situations like that. You log in to the web version of the market and mark the app for installation on the phone and it automagically installs, then you use it to track down your phone. At some point, consider changing the Google password so the phone can't access your Google account until it is recovered. Hope that helps

OP
C

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! I learned that my GF deactivated the phone though Verizon. Also Verizon told her that they can't track the phone, which I think is total BS but oh well. Just gotta find a way to get my friend a new phone now.

OP
C

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
Also don't think the police are doing much to try to find the phone. My friend thinks she knows who stole it. Apparently the kid is known for stealing and has been caught before.

kparks

Reaction score
Also don't think the police are doing much to try to find the phone. My friend thinks she knows who stole it. Apparently the kid is known for stealing and has been caught before.

No way the police give a crap about this there idiots...they have a hard enough time finding stolen cars hahaha... Just go find the kid and if he has it stomp him out and take it back.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

GDP

Reaction score
If the phone is deactivated then there is no way to track it

Sent from my Thunderbolt

OP
C

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
If the phone is deactivated then there is no way to track it

Sent from my Thunderbolt

I know. I wasn't aware that it was deactivated until I got home. This thread can be closed now. Thank you all for the suggestions though!