Stock vs. root

DInc_Mo

Reaction score
Well, I broke down and rooted my phone lastnight. Wow! What can I say? If you wanna talk about being a true superuser of your phone, after your rooted there is NO question about it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

andrix10

Reaction score
I'm using minui rom, and its even more stable then stock, and if u root u can oc ur phone too which is awesome

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Again, you are wrong. All you need to do is uninstall Sense and bloatware and you have vanilla rom. You dont need third party roms as they are all unstable and riddled with bugs.

Grimster, you are spreading wrong information. Having a stock, rooted rom, and just "uninstalling Sense and bloatware" will NOT make it a vanilla rom. Even if you "uninstall Sense and bloatware" you will still be running a sense rom. You can delete all the Sense apps you want, but you cannot remove the sense skin from many apps such as messaging, phone, email, etc. The framework and apps are full of sense and you can't just delete it all.

When people refer to a vanilla rom, they are talking about one built from AOSP (Android Open Source Project). As a rough example, if you built a pure vanilla (aosp) froyo rom for the Incredible, it would be just like running a stock Droid rom. All the apps and framework are stock android.

3rd party roms are NOT "unstable and riddled with bugs". If you choose a reputable rom just like everyone else does, it is highly likely the rom will be just as stable as stock (especially for Sense roms). As for the bugs, if you choose a sense rom, there are likely to be very few bugs. And most of those bugs would be very minor things. For example, maybe the power toggles in the notification bar don't show the right state of a setting (for example vibrate) if you changed that settings from the settings app rather than the power bar. It's not buggy to the point where the rom crashes or things are unusable.

Stock Sense Roms - Very few minor bugs that shouldn't harm the functionality of the phone

New sense (Desire Z/HD) Roms - No 720p recording, some other minor bugs

AOSP (Vanilla Roms) - Varies on the Rom. Gingerbread roms are currently buggy. If you install a Froyo Vanilla rom there should be very little bugs.