Stock Thunderbolt rebooting randomly

choctau

Reaction score
I have had the Thunderbolt less than a week... Day 2 started rebooting - 3g in and out constantly - messaging slow to respond.

Based on what I am reading in the forums am I better off just returning for different 4G phone?

Ty

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
[video=youtube;7IU1bzZheWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk[/video]

gonna go watch some benny hill now

Last edited:

kdw11005

Reaction score
I had the same issue after the first update on my TB. The guy at Verizon I talked to had a TB himself and told me to unmount my SD card (for safe removal) and do a factory reset on my phone. It sucked having to redo my apps and settings but it worked.

Reaction score
I never had the reboot issue, but I'm curious, has the MR2 update resolved it for those that were having problems? I was surprised to not see any new posts here since the update was released.

ghostofdavid

Reaction score
Mostly. I went from about six reboots a day to one... and it's always when I'm downloading my free mp3 of the day from Amazon.

Kimberlee

Reaction score
I never had the reboot issue, but I'm curious, has the MR2 update resolved it for those that were having problems? I was surprised to not see any new posts here since the update was released.

Yes, the update seems to have solved the reboot issue for me. I haven't had a single random reboot since I got the update. Also, I've noticed I'm getting fewer error messages as well (ie "Such and such app is not responding..."). Almost feels like I have my old Thunderbolt back again! LOL

DroidStang

Reaction score
yep update fixed reboot, but if you had that version of skype mobile that was out there on the wb, it no longer works after the update, i hear that skype is the company is not releasing the version that is on the market that you can load but says will be available soon, bunch of BS why did the version that was downloaded earlier this year off web work up to the update,

jmiele4

Reaction score
Random reboots again...

My Thunderbolt was doing fine until today. I have the newest update but otherwise stock and it all started again today. I have seen it reboot three times. Each time something different was going on. Any ideas??? Come on GINGERBREAD!!!

DroidStang

Reaction score
So we all know the update fixed the reboot issue . But today service has been going in and out in Raleigh area at least for me, then phone rebooted for first time since the update resolved, anyone else see a reboot lately since update?

rockula

Reaction score
When I got my first TBolt upon it's release, that phone was a nightmare of problems. Every problem you could have, I had. But I ruined my display by talking on the phone during a hot day and sweating through it. I paid $99 for an insurance claim and was lucky enough to get a brand NEW phone, not a CLNR (trust me, it was brand new shockingly enough). Since the new phone, I've not had any problems at all. No rebooting, nothing. I may occasionally lose my 3G service after a bad hand off between towers, but rarely. A battery pull fixes it. But it's very very rare. I think that for whatever reason, the first shipment of these phones had the same problems that that manifested themselves in different ways for each user. But the overall problems were the same. But I believe that somewhere down the line in production, something changed and the phones started to not have the problems, whether HTC or VZW would admit to it or not. I'm betting that thousands upon thousands of "bad" phones went out originally. But nothing was ever said about a problem. And my replacement phone that showed up had the same firmware, etc. So I think it was a component issue, but who knows.

I just know that is at one time, I hated this Thunderbolt so much that I wanted to smash it. But those memories are long gone and I can say that I'm very pleased with the phone. There are some minor gripes, but nothing major.

I think it's hit and miss w/the Tbolt, but I 'd say overall, it's a solid device. I'm sure the CLNR's floating around are problematic too.

j

Chukee

Reaction score
Can't remember the last time I had a reboot.