Stock Email app crashes EVERY time I try to open a message

BLS

Reaction score
I don't know why this is happening, but it just started last week.
I work in IT, and I KNOW that things don't usually just STOP working.
Something usually changes....and I know there were some updates over the weekend for Handcent, and 2 others, but I can't remember which ones.

That being said, my email crashes EVERY TIME I try to open an email that comes in. Mail arrives, but I cannot open it.

Crash error:
Sorry!
The application Email (processcom.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. FORCE CLOSE button.

Any ideas?

ilikefishes

Reaction score
Go to menu < settings < applications < manage applications < email and clear your cache. It should work fine after that. This phone and OS has some major issues with Exchange and I now use Touchdown because I started encountering exactly what you are about every two weeks like clockwork. Good luck!

OP
B

BLS

Reaction score
Go to menu < settings < applications < manage applications < email and clear your cache. It should work fine after that. This phone and OS has some major issues with Exchange and I now use Touchdown because I started encountering exactly what you are about every two weeks like clockwork. Good luck!

Sadly, clearing Cache did NOT fix it.
Although i will admit I did not do a reboot after doing it.

I did however, clear all data and had to reconfigure the mail client and it works. Must have been a corrupt email.

Anyway, thanks..because you got me going in the right direction.