still no 720p, right?

Frankie

Reaction score
4 weeks ago all the tech sites were buzzing that Incredible was about to get a minor update (relative to Froyo) that included 720p video recording. Did that fail to occur?

And has there been any official word from Verizon about any updates?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Incorrect. The radio update itself had the 720p inclusion and the addition of the 3G Wifi Hotspot. I got those when I updated the radio this week. The full Froyo release we're waiting on will have it. It is part of the radio programming.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No there hasn't but i suspect very soon

OP
Frankie

Frankie

Reaction score
Incorrect. The radio update itself had the 720p inclusion and the addition of the 3G Wifi Hotspot. I got those when I updated the radio this week.

Radio update... is that an official release, or the leaked thing? My incredible says its software is up to date, but I don't have 720p.

I really want to record some HD this weekend. If I install the leak radio, will I need to remove it in order to get the official Froyo?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Incorrect. The radio update itself had the 720p inclusion and the addition of the 3G Wifi Hotspot. I got those when I updated the radio this week. The full Froyo release we're waiting on will have it. It is part of the radio programming.

ahahaahahaha

Shows what i know. Thanks for the clarification. :icon_eek:
And jkhonea would be the guy that knows.

Flash to much stuff at one time, never know whats included in what.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

ahahaahahaha

Shows what i know. Thanks for the clarification. :icon_eek:
And jkhonea would be the guy that knows.

Flash to much stuff at one time, never know whats included in what.

At this point, this is the ONLY thing I've had the opportunity to correct you on. :p

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Incorrect. The radio update itself had the 720p inclusion and the addition of the 3G Wifi Hotspot. I got those when I updated the radio this week.

Radio update... is that an official release, or the leaked thing? My incredible says its software is up to date, but I don't have 720p.

I really want to record some HD this weekend. If I install the leak radio, will I need to remove it in order to get the official Froyo?

The radio update I posted the other day is, in fact, the actual files Verizon started to run on that short burst but pulled back. They install without rooting. There is about a 95% chance that there will be no issues at all with the official Froyo update, but I won't stake my life on it. I've made myself a guinea pig, but the word we've been getting is that it will be alright. I can't promise you anything, but I'm sure enough myself, I risked it. For what that's worth.

OP
Frankie

Frankie

Reaction score
JK & Doug, thank you very much for the speedy assistance.

I'll download & install the radio as soon as I can plug my phone in. Don't want to risk the battery running out in the middle.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
JK & Doug, thank you very much for the speedy assistance.

I'll download & install the radio as soon as I can plug my phone in. Don't want to risk the battery running out in the middle.

You most definitely don't want that to happen. And whatever you do, once you start the process, do NOT fiddle with the phone and disrupt the update. It can brick your phone entirely so follow the directions exactly and don't be in a rush when you do it. Just let it run through its steps. You'll know when it is done. On mine, on the final stages with the new Droid boot animation, it looked like it was stuck by staying very still for awhile. Just let it run. Whatever you do, don't pull the battery or mess with any controls.