Sticking with Droid or switching to VZW iPhone?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The one thing I like about the iphone, is that they concentrate on a single phone at a time. While there are drawbacks(If you don't like the one phone you're screwed), but if you do like the phone, all of the updates/apps everything is specifically built/tested/made for that one phone and I think that gives them such an advantage over androids dozens upon dozens of phones.

I love my original droid, minus the physical keyboard which I wish I could just remove. But, I feel like with so many phones, it's like a jumbled mess with updates and apps. It's simply impossible for an android phone to be as polished as the Iphone is/can be.

I have to be honest, if the Iphone 5 has some impressive hardware upgrades and allows for a little more customization, I think I'd rather be with the company that works on perfecting one device.. instead of attempting to perfect 20.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that an official poll for this doesn't already exist, I'm actually really interested to see how this plays but I know my answer... dancedroid
There are certainly countless other threads on the same topic. Do you really think that on Droidforums.net that Android wouldn't come out on top? :icon_rolleyes:

Hate iOS.
Seems excessive. Plenty of devices don't meet my needs. I move on. Too much time and effort to hate everything that doesn't suit me.

Why would you buy an iPhone4 now?

Even the biggest apple lover has to see that buying one now with the iPhone5 most likely coming out in 6 months would be a waste of money.
Where has it been confirmed that Verizon will receive the next model then? And new models don't suddenly make old models obsolete despite what marketing tells you. I mean, I'm still rocking my Droid and many, many newer Android devices have been released since I got mine. It's still plenty useful.

Last edited:
OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
I can't believe that an official poll for this doesn't already exist, I'm actually really interested to see how this plays but I know my answer... dancedroid
There are certainly countless other threads on the same topic. Do you really think that on Droidforums.net that Android wouldn't come out on top? :icon_rolleyes:

Do you really think that I hadn't thought of that? This is a DF poll not a nation wide poll. And yes, there was no official poll on the topic and there continues to not be, I'd hoped this one would be made official.