Sticking with Droid or switching to VZW iPhone?

dwagner88

Reaction score
I think I will get the IP4. I don't have any incentive to get or pay extra monthly for a 4g phone, as it will probably be at least 18 months before VZW sees fit to grace me with LTE. When you take the 4G out of the equation, the only thing left that I don't like about the iPhone is the notification system. It has enough positives to outweigh this negative. I'll buy it, and then get the latest Android superphone whenever Verizon gives me LTE.

regulis7

Reaction score
I will stay with the D2 till my upgrade date rolls around in Sept. By then VZW should have expanded its 4G coverage map and the handset makers should have more options out there to take advantage of the LTE network.

As far as the IPhone, well its a nice device with some great apps, but I really dont see the need to jump on the Apple wagon at this time.

J

Johnly

Droid, iPhone has no battery, SD care removal, no flash, no widget comps...and jobbs said this is how you have it! OY! TK Droid!

carguy

Reaction score
I was with ATT and switched to VZW to get the Droid X. If I wanted to drink Apple juice I'd have stayed with ATT :D

black_rain™

Reaction score
definately the ---> :motdroidhoriz: but i'll get the :iphone: (and the :blackberry: just for keeps sake) ... plan on havin all the in my arsenal ...

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I will never understand the fascination some people have with Apple products. There must he something subliminal going on with the commercials here that only some people fall victim to. If you have the $199 or $299 to shell out for the iPhone 4 then you most certainly have some $$ you could send over to me in order to help out with buying diapers/food/medicine/etc for my son lol.

I imagine that most people.switching to an iPhone after using a decent Android phone will a while will at first enjoy their new shinny toy but I am sure a good number of you will miss your Android after a month. If there never was Android then iOS would be the best option around but after tasting what open source can do for you then I imagine a lot of people will start feeling caged up after a while.

But, I guess if you jailbreak it you won't be so bad off. If you do decide to switch, post back on your initial impressions, then come back a month later and do the same. I think Verizon really should have waited at least until the new iPhone was released.

Whether or not you are going to iPhone or not, who in gods name voted that smartphones are just fads lol? I rarely use my home laptop anymore because of this smartphone and the last times I have used it were to backup my sdcard and to modify an update.zip file. Please explain if you voted that way.

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
I will never understand the fascination some people have with Apple products. There must he something subliminal going on with the commercials here that only some people fall victim to. If you have the $199 or $299 to shell out for the iPhone 4 then you most certainly have some $$ you could send over to me in order to help out with buying diapers/food/medicine/etc for my son lol.

Apple has become a sort of cultural touchstone for certain demographics rather like starbucks achieved some years ago. Socio-cultural factors are pushing many people to go iWhateveritis.

713King

Reaction score
Why would you buy an iPhone4 now?

Even the biggest apple lover has to see that buying one now with the iPhone5 most likely coming out in 6 months would be a waste of money.

Why buy a Droid now if in 6 months there will be a better one? And why buy a phone than when in six months there will be a new phone.

B

bigsapz

No simultaneously voice/data. Would be foolish for iphone users to switch if they are like me and like to use gps while on the phone. That's just one example. The ability to to do both is convenient in a infinite amt of ways. To lose that would suck.

Sent from my rooted Incredible

mack19318

Reaction score
Wait for iphone5 for hopefully 4g/lte and then voice and data will be possible!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

zero7404

Reaction score
if you like to control, android
if you like to be controlled, iOS

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love the poll results. I'm glad to see most aren't switching. Unfortunately in the real world I think that there will be completely different results.

Time will tell.

Disneyman

Reaction score
Looking forward to Droid Bionic. Anyone know if the Droid X will switch to 4G. I was going to upgrade in July from Moto Droid to Droid X but wonder it will be upgraded to 4G. I hear Droid Bionic will be 4G.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I love the poll results. I'm glad to see most aren't switching. Unfortunately in the real world I think that there will be completely different results.

Time will tell.

bingo.... this site most likely counts for less then 1% of all verizon android users. In all honesty if you gave the majority of verizons android users the option of an iphone or android they would most likely go iphone. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Apple surpasses all of its sales records with the verizon iphone in two weeks.

zero7404

Reaction score

Time will tell.

bingo.... this site most likely counts for less then 1% of all verizon android users. In all honesty if you gave the majority of verizons android users the option of an iphone or android they would most likely go iphone. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Apple surpasses all of its sales records with the verizon iphone in two weeks.

maybe they will quadruple, who knows ...

but 1% of android users here can affect their friends who sport android devices, as well as their friends, etc ...

truely, android would only fail on it's own due to lack of a rigid infrastructure to control devices/performance across the board.
not saying all devices should be identical, but key performance criteria and user experience should be well rooted and always positive amongst all android makes.

i've had apple products before, they are well designed, but to me they feel like a fad that dies really quick. android always has something new/interesting up its sleeve and i don't tire using it ... i.e., i'd get bored with an iphone after 3 months vs. 9 months with an android phone.