Droid or iPhone. Report in!

Reaction score
It all depends on if you are talking about the current iPhone or the iPhone that is rumored to be the one that will be available on Verizon. If specs are the same as the Wall Street Journal reported this week, then I would definitely be tempted to change. Larger 960 x 640 screen, a second front facing screen for video chat, A4 processor and iPhone OS 4 with 3rd party multi-tasking. Of course that is a BIG if. I won't pay a cancellation fee but when my contract runs out, i will definitely be tempted to change. The things that tempt me most are a unified upgrade path ,unlike waiting on Verizon/Motorola to "get around" to porting new Android OS to the Droid. This is Android's biggest weakness IMO. With Apple, all products can upgrade immediately upon release but with Android, we are at the mercy of the handset manufacturer AND the carrier. If ANYONE along that line decides they don't want to spend the time or resources to port it, we're screwed. Look at how long it's taking to get 2.1 to all the different handsets and some that will never get it.
The other tempting thing is having access to the full storage to install apps on. BOTH of these issues could be fixed by Google.

Also, I don't know what Android will look like in 18 months or what kind of handsets will be available for Android at that time. Don't get me wrong, I love my Droid, but I'm not a "fanboy". i will evaluate everything on it's own merits and make the call when I see what's available. As it stands now, if I have to pick between the current Droid and the Current iPhone, I choose Droid.

jameshunt

Reaction score
objectively, i think the iphone is a good smartphone but at the end of the day, the deal breaker is the apple company themselves. they keep on screwing the consumers with their products. they invent a good phone but place all these limitations on it. i think a cnet review i watched said it best: "heck the iphone may even cure cancer BUT apple won't let it..."

that being said, i'd still pick the droid over a verizon iphone!

aliahlewis

Reaction score
I would say that iPhone doesn't support more than one Exchange account at a time. While the Droid does. PIn addition, the Gmail account integration is far superior than whatever Apple will offer because they want to push MobileMe onto you.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Honestly i would buy an iPhone. I may not use it much after a few weeks but i would buy one to see which is better. My brother has an iPhone and i haven't taken the time to play with his phone but as far as i can tell i like my Droid better so far. I would just like more apps. Alot of the cool apps on the iPhone wont even be coming to android because android is a B***H to code for considering all the different OS versions.