[ROM] Steel Droid 4.0 (DX) - Gingerbread 2.3.7 - 4-23-2012

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Same here as far as testing goes. I am sorry I wasnt able to do it this time around but I just couldnt find the time to get back down from the latest GB update to flash it.

I am back now and I also have a D2 to test on which you said you were working on as well. And testing is cool with me, I am not afraid of an SBF if something goes wrong, just had a hectic couple days.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Same here as far as testing goes. I am sorry I wasnt able to do it this time around but I just couldnt find the time to get back down from the latest GB update to flash it.

I am back now and I also have a D2 to test on which you said you were working on as well. And testing is cool with me, I am not afraid of an SBF if something goes wrong, just had a hectic couple days.

I have a test build for the Droid 2 already, but it hasn't got the Launcher, or gapps yet. I'm without decent internet for the next 2 days, so I will get back to you on the upload status of the beta build. If it flashes and runs, I will have the mods open me a section in the D2 forum section as well. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Very cool. The D2 is inactive so it would be to see if it boots, test features, and anything you can do on an inactive phone.

Let me know via PM or in here. I shall be around and ready to go when you are :)

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
New version of my beta for the Droid X is building now. Here are the changes:

* Fully integrated SteelBox (just like in the D1 version)
* Fully updated SteelBox
* Fully optimized all graphics in the whole system (pre-compile)
* Minor build.prop edits (mostly duplicates and unused scripts)
* Now includes an updated hosts files for ad blocking
* Includes sysctl.conf edits
* Includes init.d scripts for auto-zipalign and sd card speed fix
* Updated gapps to the current August release

File will be uploaded as soon as its done building, and flashed to be sure it works.

I believe WIFI is still broken with CM7-based builds. Sorry.

EDIT:

I seem to be having some trouble building a duplicate copy of SteelBox for the Droid X. Its interfering with the copy for the Droid 1. I am working to solve it. Hopefully that will be the only big issue here.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Awesome. I can't wait to get home from my thrilling [thrilling=sarcasm] business trip and check it out.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey Chevy! Check your PM SD2 is a boot success!! Thanks!

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Anyone want to point out exactly why my DX beta build doesn't boot? Im not used to the D2 and DX requirements...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a big diff between the two..I could be wrong? It certainly booted up for me..What steps were taken as far as resulting in non boot? What Rom and kernel were they on? I'm sure they wiped everything and were on the correct kernel..right?

One Epic Blue and Bold Cm7(otaGBK) .----->fastforward!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I will tell you what sir. I will do a full SBF for a clean slate and then see if I can get it flashed.

You built this with an official CM nightly correct? So I am assuming I would need to follow the same installation procedures.

maddog0331

Reaction score
Which method of CWR are you using? I am using 2init and its working every time. I'm already on 2init so it's easier.... Tell us exactly what steps are you taking so that we can help you trouble shoot it....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I
I will tell you what sir. I will do a full SBF for a clean slate and then see if I can get it flashed.

You built this with an official CM nightly correct? So I am assuming I would need to follow the same installation procedures.

Uh JSM was this your x it didn't boot on?
I used the newest cwm rec. Not that it would make any difference..

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Uh JSM was this your x it didn't boot on?
I used the newest cwm rec. Not that it would make any difference..

No sir. T'was not me. I am offering the assistance of my flash-a-holism to try and clean up the matter for Mr. ChevyCam :happy:

Just need to get my battery charged. I have a thing against flashing below 100%.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
No sir. T'was not me. I am offering the assistance of my flash-a-holism to try and clean up the matter for Mr. ChevyCam :happy:

Just need to get my battery charged. I have a thing against flashing below 100%.

Lol same here! I always get the updated ROMs on empty and have to charge...lol but hey that's the nature of us flash-OH!- Holics...We love when we might see the stuck boot...Then we dance to the computer with a smile knowing the happy full charged battery is all we needed..haha..I have to admit, the .09 % chance that something can go wrong still is what makes the completion a slight rush!...lmao!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry to say it but I could not get it to boot up my man. Tried twice after 2 separate SBFs. I wish I was able to help you trouble shoot but I am no dev, not by a long shot. If there is something I could do let me know.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say it but I could not get it to boot up my man. Tried twice after 2 separate SBFs. I wish I was able to help you trouble shoot but I am no dev, not by a long shot. If there is something I could do let me know.

Well dang it man..lol but sorry to hear it didn't work out..Did he change anything in the ROM that would make it any diff from when I got it to boot? Of course I believe I was on the first build, not sure which one you guys are testing..bummer...well if he needs another d2 run, I'm game for tomorrow..gotta force myself to put the device down and sleep..lol Just tired...lol been playing with files and shtuffz all day...cheers bro!