[Multi-release] Steel Droid - Gingerbread 2.3.7 - 3-8-2012

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
To answer the question you are asking, yes. You do need to be on the same kernel as froyo.

It is still a GB ROM which is why he answered the way he did, not being used to the way D2 and DX owners use the term "based."

Ok..so this one has the toolbox? It booted up for me! The test did anyway..the boot ani will run for a minute..but seems this build is needing more work?

One Epic Blue and Bold Cm7(otaGBK) .----->fastforward!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok..so this one has the toolbox? It booted up for me! The test did anyway..the boot ani will run for a minute..but seems this build is needing more work?

Meaning I ran the test build..alpha..it was just a boot test..and it was smooth..battery was about as cm7 froyo..

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
has anyone got this to work? i tried flashing from ota gb.. no go. SBFs to 2.3.2 tried to flash and it just gets stuck at the steel droid loading screen everytime, so i tried sbfing again to 2.3.2.... same thing. looks sweet, but i guess i will wait until there is a clear way of installing it.

You need to be on froyo to flash this.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

I believe it does have that incorporated in. Have not tried it though. My bro had an unfortunate incident with his DInc and I was gracious enough to let him use my D2.

Good night brotha!

MindArchr

Reaction score
don't know what I'm doing wrong....I SBF'ed (to Froyo), wiped data, cache, delvik, installed the zip, and it just stays stuck at the boot logo....I let the phone sit for over 30mins and the logo remained, the rom never loaded. Any tips?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
don't know what I'm doing wrong....I SBF'ed (to Froyo), wiped data, cache, delvik, installed the zip, and it just stays stuck at the boot logo....I let the phone sit for over 30mins and the logo remained, the rom never loaded. Any tips?

Had the same issue with the DX build. Chevycam stated in the DX thread that he was going to have to work on them and try to get something working for next week. He wasnt sure what happened to cause it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
i'm a little confused, do we flash from froyo or gb ota?

Froyo. But there were isssues with flashing it. I would hold off until he releases another update.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

amalthea

Reaction score
Ok Im having the same problem, it won't boot past the motorola symbol. And I can't seem to get it to go back to a backup. When I push the X and the power symbol I can't get into the regular reboot recovery screen. If I hit the volume down button I can get to a different version of it but I can't go to a backup. It lets me install things from the sd card but every zip file fails. So right now I'm stuck with a phone that won't boot past the moto symbol. Any help?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Froyo. But there were isssues with flashing it. I would hold off until he releases another update.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

Hey dude tell them to check out Liquid 3.0 I'm dling again...thanks brother! Peace all..brb JSm!!

My Battery is Rockin with MyMod!!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hey dude tell them to check out Liquid 3.0 I'm dling again...thanks brother! Peace all..brb JSm!!

My Battery is Rockin with MyMod!!!

I am about to check it out myself. Just about to SBF, OTA, and get rockin. Would love to see an update for this eventually though.

thewinelover

Reaction score
Was having problems with Liberty D2 so I installed this via CWM after wiping data and cache. Same story as a lot of others... can't boot past Moto logo. Can get into Android Recovery but cannot access Clockworks Mod. This is my only phone and I really need some HELP.... PLEASE! Thank you!