stay with d1 or go to dx?

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i currently have a d1 rooted and i like the phone for the most part but was wondering if i could get a dx for free, should i? i know it sometimes depends on preference but how much better/how much more can i overclock since it already runs a way higher processer, etc...please give me some advice on people who have both or have owned both phones..im figuring that the dx should be able to be clocked way higher than just 1.2 like i have had a my d1s cause of the bigger processor but idk..also how hard is just using touchscreen keyboard? thanks

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
CES starts tomorrow, and in the news section on this forum is buzzing around with the new phones that are coming out. I would say DX free or not, you may be disappointed with it after seeing the new smart phones coming out in the up coming months.

Personal opinion: WAIT!!!!

You have to do what makes you happy though. I am a phone junky and almost got a DX. What stopped me was reading the news section every five seconds, that stops me from getting a new phone!

Good Luck stabl4life82

Beka27

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Have you seen the new droid bionic? (you want my DX...? Lol)

(from Beka's DX)

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
We've talked before. :)
I love the switch. I got my dx free and truly don't miss the keyboard. I LOVE jrummys oc app. U may be able to get to 1.3 but not everyone can. The roms are sick. So much fun having hdmi out. And the screen! The screen! Amazing! I was surprised at how light the phone is also. Battery is pretty good but still optimizing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

isaak

Reaction score
, I have my og and dx. Droid 1 is the best I don care dual processor. Or front facing camera. Bootloaders! !! Sucks damm u moto damm u

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
the phone is not gonna affect my upgrade or anything so im not worried bout that is y i was considering it

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
also what dont make sense is that if the droid can be overlocked to 1.2 or a lil more which is twice its capabilities, then y cant the dx be overclocked the same and handle it?

Ryan m

Reaction score
Because you cannot load a custom kernel to the dx... locked bootloader and all. I have a dx and d1, I got the d1 after the dx if that tells ya anything. I can only oc my dx to 1.25ghz without reboots and my d1 is just as fast at 1.2ghz as my dx at 1.2ghz witch is where my dx runs best. Plus I hate the locked bootloader... so many sbf's

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The processor is clocked by default to 1ghz much like the stock kernel in the og is underclocked to 500 or whatever it is. So the oc app basically acts like a process that "removes" the "governor" on the kernel thru root access. That's why before the app there were a series of commands that had to be entered to oc.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I don't miss loading kernels. I don't go over 1-1.15 but in ulv. Having sbf or run an all in one zip(thanks mader!!!!) does suck but I don't mind cuz once you start loading roms, you start just understanding what works with your perticular device..... I love my dx but maybe that's just me. I do miss truly from source roms but these devs are so good they have gotten into source so....

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
any other opinions cause im ready to switch if it is gonna be worth it..also comments on the d2 as well